Longbeard XR Malfuntion

DRBugman85

The 1st Longbeard shell that the shot cover split up in 6 pieces happen,1st shell in the magazine tube opening morning 3/25/17.After 6 shots and reloading 1 shell after each shot this shell never made it to the chamber I went to reload the weapon I found shot & powder rosin fell out of the magazine tube.WINCHESTER has been notified and waiting to hear from them.I shot longbeard from the time I could find them and plan on shooting them Till I find something else that is as lethal which I doubt will happen.But I check my weapon after every shot for this box.I never unload my shotgun but I'm checking it now. Time will tell. 20170402_204205-1.jpg

BigPimpin

I saw a LB6 misfire on my buddy with a Tom at 25 yds. He got another one in the chamber and killed him. The next year, the same thing happened to me except when mine went "click" my buddy followed up with a kill shot for me. Two different 835 shotguns. We both wrote Winchester and never heard back. We both retired the 835s because the loads are too good to give up. My benelli/sumtoy patterns way better anyway.

goblr77

I saw a LB6 misfire on my buddy with a Tom at 25 yds. He got another one in the chamber and killed him. The next year, the same thing happened to me except when mine went "click" my buddy followed up with a kill shot for me. Two different 835 shotguns. We both wrote Winchester and never heard back. We both retired the 835s because the loads are too good to give up. My benelli/sumtoy patterns way better anyway.

I'm afraid I would retire the loads before I retired the 835. A properly choked 835 with Hevishot or Nitros is a much better option than lead.

M Sharpe

The "bad" lots of Hevi are still better than anything but Nitros and handloads.

Granted, but when you are shooting 2 1/4 oz # 7's and go from 300 consistently down to 240-250 in a 10" circle and your 20" goes from 250 down to 200 or so; and, then they try to tell you they haven't changed a thing! Hmmm...the wads said different. Kept telling me they hadn't changed a thing!! Then kept asking what I wanted them to do. My reply was, "tell me where the rest of the shot is?". "Well we haven't changed anything." Yeah, whatever!! Not saying that isn't a lethal load, but don't tell me you haven't changed anything when the proof is on the paper and in the form of the wads I'm holding in my hands!

rod farva

The 1st Longbeard shell that the shot cover split up in 6 pieces happen,1st shell in the magazine tube opening morning 3/25/17.After 6 shots and reloading 1 shell after each shot this shell never made it to the chamber I went to reload the weapon I found shot & powder rosin fell out of the magazine tube.WINCHESTER has been notified and waiting to hear from them.I shot longbeard from the time I could find them and plan on shooting them Till I find something else that is as lethal which I doubt will happen.But I check my weapon after every shot for this box.I never unload my shotgun but I'm checking it now. Time will tell. View attachment 902559
Exactly what was happening to me. I still shoot the Longbeards but now I load one Longbeard into the chamber and then load 2 Federal Heavyweights into the magazine

solocamslayer

This is a problem and I have a claim in with Winchester right now: two friends have also had his same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 136

jaymax

This is a problem and I have a claim in with Winchester right now: two friends have also had his same issue.

I had this same issue last year..I used Longbeards to back up my Heavy 7s..shot 1 bird and long beard got hung up..end completely fell out while I was digging it out of the jam..i never told anyone thinking it was just a fluke til now