Looking for BBQ joint

scottfrmga

Any suggestions on bbq places in the northeast ga area? Out of the way, hole in the wall type places? Somewhere between Athens and Anderson SC. Looking for some new places to try.

sinclair1

I don’t live near you, but here is a good thread for all over GA.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Pulaski in Athens used to be pretty good but I don’t know about now.

Worley

Saucehouse in Athens, Zebs, bbq shack Toccoa…in that order for me, shack really for the Brunswick stew, and chicken half

tucker80

Zebs in Danielsville, Bar H in Royston
Gum Log in Lavonia. I always get fish, but my kids like the Q pretty good.
Johnny's in Gainesville not exactly on your route, but worth a mention

Geffellz18

Smokin’ Pig in/around Anderson is really good. There’s a few around the area.
Smokehouse BBQ in Oakwood.
Stonewalls in Braselton. Worth the stop for their Bread Pudding & Loaded potato casserole!
Bar H already mentioned is good.
Same with Johnny’s in Gainesville.

hunt n duck

Sanders BBQ in Vesta between Elberton and Lexington. They have BBQ and down home cooking. They fry pork skins fresh to order. Go in and talk to the owners, they are very friendly and love to talk. Good people.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Cabin Creek on 441 Nicholson is good. Brisket is crazy good.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Whites BBQ take out only in Elberton on Hwy 17

Redbow

Whites BBQ take out only in Elberton on Hwy 17
We used to have a Whites BBQ here on the NC coast, they had very good BBQ. I wonder if our Whites was in any way associated with the Whites in Elberton Georgia.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
We used to have a Whites BBQ here on the NC coast, they had very good BBQ. I wonder if our Whites was in any way associated with the Whites in Elberton Georgia.
Don't know, the dad had one in Hart Co near the center of the world (Indian spot). One in Elberton is his son.

Shadow11

The last couple of years I've mostly been doing my own. I buy spare ribs from quality foods grocery store, boil them, coat with some good rub, and then grill them over charcoal/hickory wood chip with some bbq sauce toward the end of grilling. Fall off the bone deliciousness!

Before that, I ate a lot of mickey pigs in alto, ga because it's close to house. I love their bbq sauce, but they're stingy with it if you order take out. You basically have to buy it for .25 by the tablespoon, but if you dine in u get all u want.

I've heard great things about smokehouse in Oakwood, GA but I don't recall eating there.

I used to eat at Moonies Texas style bbq in Oakwood, GA a good bit. It's a small place, but very good. Probably my favorite. The sides are great too. Try the jalapeno mac n cheese.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The last couple of years I've mostly been doing my own. I buy spare ribs from quality foods grocery store, boil them,

Man card. Turn it in. Boiling ribs is an automatic 30 day suspension. ::ke: :bounce: