Madison County 2020

Kootie

We’ve been at the farm since Wednesday and things have been steady for us.....maybe a slight slow down with the 75 degree temps. Still seeing some chasing including a few mature bucks. Food plots are full in the evenings. We are excited for today and Saturday with a little cooler temps and family coming in, hope someone kills a good one.

Andy12

I haven’t hunted but once since Monday and that was yesterday. Saw a copperhead yesterday evening and a king snake yesterday morning.
Zero deer.
I can’t get in the mood to go with this hot weather.
Still seeing small bucks chasing at night on camera but that’s it.

bullgator

Do any of you hunt a property they call the Snow Farm?

Andy12

The rut is own like donkey Kong in Madison county. Saw 6 different bucks this morning & 10 deer total. 2 different buck running doe’s and grunting, one was a very nice buck that I couldn’t get to stop.
Guy hunting 4 or 500 hundred yards below me killed a nice 11 point. The one I saw was a good bit bigger.
Here is his deer.E2C0EDE9-BAD4-4D3E-B338-BB78239946BB.jpegE2C0EDE9-BAD4-4D3E-B338-BB78239946BB.jpeg

Esau

I only got to hunt one morning this past weekend. I will be off from the 21st through the 29th. My favorite days to hunt are around Thanksgiving. My 2 biggest bucks ever were both shot on November 26th about 4 years apart. This past weekend was very good. I have moved off the food sources and am hunting transition areas between doe bedding areas and the primary food sources. I saw several bucks, all chasing does. In fact I could not get anything to stop to get an ethical shot. I am changing over to my old sidelock muzzle loader for a while. Good luck out there folks.

Esau

I took the week off to hunt and now I'm tagged out on bucks so I have to find some other things to do. I guess I will enjoy some small game hunting.
I don't move into one area on my place until the week of Thanksgiving. I pretty much hunt this property outside in. When I do move into this area it is usually pretty good. This year was no exception. I'm very thankful for the blessing of being able to hunt these amazing animals. Good luck to everyone. Deer 2020-.jpeg

Kootie

Nice deer Esau - Congrats

We are still seeing good deer numbers and finally saw the mature bucks hit their feet. My wife shot an 9 point on 11/21 though he wasn't chasing or cruising ….just feeding in the plot. Seems the "peek" is winding down.

Happy Thanksgiving

Esau

Nice deer! Congratulations.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
This year has been the most disappointing for me in Madison County. We think we may have a dog problem. Camera has shown dogs and the deer at night. I have only seen a few deer and a whole lot of nothing. Been very, very odd. We have had this property for 6 years and it's been the most off year yet.

Hoping things change soon as the season has hit turn 3 headed towards turn 4.

Lowslungcj

Hey guys! I thought I would just join in this thread as I moved to Madison County 2 years ago. Would any of y’all know of any clubs or individuals that would be open to me bow or rifle hunting on their property? I’m not looking to hunt for a record buck but just does to feed the family with. I was able to kill my first deer ever a couple weeks ago on a friend’s property! I had permission to shoot this deer from the landowner or I would have let him walk due to his age.
EE45BF19-F676-4AD9-BBFC-18B98EE8BB21.jpeg
FYI - I’m the younger guy in this picture. I was able to shoot the buck with my Pop’s rifle so I wanted a picture with my dad.

jbird1

Any of y'all fellas gonna start the new 2021 Madison County thread? Technically, I don't believe I qualify due to me being across the river.:bounce: