meeks leopard pup progress!

deadgame

after asking around awhile i decided to purchase a leopard hound from lamar meeks for my first tree dog, shes a red merle i call strawberry patches. she has trailed and located every drag since we started at 10 weeks, and last nite she opened on a tree containing the sock with coon scent drag. i dont know if shes doing good or bad compareably, but i know ive never been more proud.:fine:

state159

That's great "deadgame". Even though I only live about 50 miles from Mr. Meeks, I've never met him nor have never seen a Leopard dog in the woods. There was a picture on Squirrel Dog Central last year of some Leopard Hounds with a tailgate full of dead squirrels that got everyone attention. They are unusually pretty and will sure turn some heads. Good luck with your pup. Can you post a picture of the pup on here?

Ronny Staten

deadgame

i donot know how to put pics up but if somebody could tell me iwould be happy to

Robert Warnock

I've never hunted with Mr. Meeks dogs, but I've heard he had some good ones.

state159

Picture

Here's one of the pictures of the pup.

Attachments

• Red Leopard Pup #1.jpg
    Red Leopard Pup #1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,531

muzzy17is

If you've got a pup that's showing that much interest he ought to make you a jam up dog.

deadgame

Thanks guys, shes doin everything I want right now so I cant wait til season opens. What else does she have to know to hunt?

1222DANO

Do you know anyone or who to get any of those pups from. I thought about getting one before but no one knew anything about them. I notice mr. Meeks had some but the only other ones where in the northwest.

state159

More Pics

Adding to this post.

Attachments

• Shrunk Pic #3.jpg
    Shrunk Pic #3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Shrunk Pic #4.jpg
    Shrunk Pic #4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,316

ryan_beasley

He reminds me alot of my dog in looks that is a cross bred Leopard that is from Meeks stuff on the top. Nice looking hound and he looks great on the wood!!!! Good job!!!

skid.jpg

deadgame

that is a pretty dog ryan, how old is he? Do you hunt squirrel/coon, or just one? Im glad yall like patches, i hope to add full tailgate pics opening day of sq season, whats the law on offseason training on private land?

ryan_beasley

Hey Mr. Ronny, he's the same one that I've always had. I coon/squirrel hunt with him a lil bit but not much. He's around 1 1/2 years old now I guess and does pretty decent for the little he's been worked with. I'll get rid of him if you wanna send me Rudy or Bo-jack!!! :)

Ryan