Members who have passed away....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The forum has received notice of the passing of member Noone. The staff’s deepest sympathies to family and friends. The Gone but not forgotten banner has been added to the members name.

furtaker

Have never looked at this forum, pretty humbling for sure. We lost Thunderhead a few weeks back, always enjoyed hunting and fishing with him thru the years! RIP Steven.
Man I hate to hear that! I didn't know him but I remember reading a bunch of his hunting stories in the varmint forum way back when I first started predator hunting. I always enjoyed his threads.

bany

RIP Fellas.
I don’t think I needed humbled right now but I am more so. When you add all thats lost from our departed it leaves a big hole. I appreciate God being there to fill the whole.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
hummerpoo has passed away.

It is with great sadness we receive this news. The entire staff sends our condolences and prayers for the family. The Gone but not forgotten banner has been added.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It is with much sadness we received the news of loss of Doenightmare. The staff extends prayers and condolences to his family and friends. The Gone but not forgotten banner has been added.

“We all lost a good friend today with the untimely passing of long time member Ken Roberts, aka Doenightmare. I think his moniker arose out of frustration of not connecting with a Booner. He did kill his share of nice bucks and was a very good fisherman, beating me plenty of times head to head trout bass or striper fishing. He loved strioer fishing and named his boat Striper Princess.
A native Atlantan, Ken grew up near and went to Lakeside High. I met Ken around 1981 his freshman year of college at Ga Southern, where he was a proud brother of the Sigma Nu fraternity and somehow earned a degree with a double major.
We shared many fields and streams fishing and hunting together, including an epic 8 day western trip about 15 years ago. He will be sorely missed.”

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The staff has received word of passing of Jighead.
The staff extends prayers and condolences to his family and friends. “The Gone but not forgotten“ banner has been added.

“Tony just had a battle of brain tumor, 2 brain surgeries and chemo radiation in the last year. He posted a great report of being cancer free just a day or 2 ago. Then last night he had a major stroke hit him and he passed away at 1:30 today. Anyone here knew him knew he loved Jesus and he gave him the glory from the beginning of his journey until the end. Please be in prayer for his wife, kids, grandkids and family.”

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I just found this thread and went through it backwards. Looking for biggsteve, and sadly, I knew I’d find his name and I did. I found it fitting the political forum was named after him. I too was one of many who could not wait to see what he would say next! If he was nothing else, he was genuine and a man I admired for his willingness to say what’s on his mind.

As I went back in time with tears in my eyes, I found so many names I recognize as good friends I’ve just never met in person. Shock seemed to hit me a few times and the big burning hole in my gut makes me humble. Everyday is precious and you never know how long we’ll be here. From my heart I’d like to thank the mods for recognizing the lost members of our family. I hope my mind never lets me forget them, because they will always be in my heart! Lots of tears shed and prayers sent from the Miller house this morning.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just found this thread and went through it backwards. Looking for biggsteve, and sadly, I knew I’d find his name and I did. I found it fitting the political forum was named after him. I too was one of many who could not wait to see what he would say next! If he was nothing else, he was genuine and a man I admired for his willingness to say what’s on his mind.

Biggsteve said:
Don't hire them, don't hire them, don't hire them! They will leave on their own.

Wisdom ^ :rockon:

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
I just realized today that ECHO, Ernie Johnson, passed away on May 25, 2023. Ernie and his wife lived on the GA coast for years and he was always posting pictures of good coastal bucks roaming around his house on Skidaway Island. I always loved seeing Ernie's posts on his successful deer and turkey hunts on Ft. Stewart and on many of the GA WMAs.

Ernie and his wife moved to the Madison area several years ago and although he didn't post as much I did stay in touch with him a couple of times a year. Unfortunately, he lost sight in his right eye from a parasite after eating under cooked, non-frozen, venison, but that didn't stop him from loving the outdoors. He learned to shoot left-handed with everything including the crossbow and shotgun. I only met Ernie once and that was a chance meeting at Ocmulgee WMA after he stopped to congratulate me on a buck.

He delivered the devastating news of lung cancer last year.

I'll miss you Ernie!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear it. Banner added.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just realized today that ECHO, Ernie Johnson, passed away on May 25, 2023. Ernie and his wife lived on the GA coast for years and he was always posting pictures of good coastal bucks roaming around his house on Skidaway Island. I always loved seeing Ernie's posts on his successful deer and turkey hunts on Ft. Stewart and on many of the GA WMAs.

Ernie and his wife moved to the Madison area several years ago and although he didn't post as much I did stay in touch with him a couple of times a year. Unfortunately, he lost sight in his right eye from a parasite after eating under cooked, non-frozen, venison, but that didn't stop him from loving the outdoors. He learned to shoot left-handed with everything including the crossbow and shotgun. I only met Ernie once and that was a chance meeting at Ocmulgee WMA after he stopped to congratulate me on a buck.

I'll miss you Ernie!

Wow. That's bad news indeed. RIP Ernie.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

I'll miss you Ernie!

Just wow ! I never had the privilege to meet him in person . Had many of great conversations on here . He will be missed for sure , prayers for his family .