Meyer out at OSU???!!!!

Rooster600

He reported it up the proper chain, his hands are clean. It's those above him that need fired. That most likely will be how it plays out.

Tmpr111

He did in fact say he reported it to the proper channels. I can’t imagine him lying about that, and definitely at this juncture. In fairness to a man, you take him for his word until/if ever proven differently. Who are we to judge? James 4:12!

However IMO, being a head ball coach is a bit different responsibility than managing your average sales team. As a head coach, you’re managing those who manage young men. You also spend an awful lot more time (personal time included) around your employees and colleagues - in that line of work. Regardless, I find it very hard to believe that UM and his staff didn’t know there were more serious things going on — IF IN FACT URBAN’S WIFE KNEW AND WAS AS AWARE AS HER TEXTS made it seem. That’s the part I can’t get past. May the honest man prevail.

DannyW

Just curious, but if that were the case, wouldn't they be gunning for Saban?

LOL...if this had happened at Alabama, we would be getting an interruption every 15 minutes on TV with a "can Nick Saban survive the scandal at Alabama? update".

People view Meyer and his program as a threat. They may say they are appalled at the brazen disregard Meyer has for domestic abuse but their real motivation is that if Meyer is eliminated, it makes the path to the national championship easier.

Answer this to yourself...no need to even reply here...if this had happened at UGA, how many people here would have said "Kirby Smart has to go!".

It's all about how it effects your particular favorite team. And sadly, it should be about domestic violence.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This Friday when Meyer gets reinstated, I think that gif will be what will be happening all over the country for the boogey man Meyer haters!!!!:bounce:

Whats up slayer, you been doing any fishin?

I hope he never gets reinstated! But that's just me and my personal hatred for all things Urban Meyer. There's a little hate in there for Ohio State but it's more towards Urban Meyer. :bounce:

I haven't thrown a line in a few weeks and that was jumping around Jack's River up in North Ga.

I've been spending my weekends down at hunting camp. Food plots will be going in very shortly and fishing is about to take a huge hit cause of deer season. I'll be on the Flats towards the end of October.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 15

Madsnooker

I hope he never gets reinstated! But that's just me and my personal hatred for all things Urban Meyer. There's a little hate in there for Ohio State but it's more towards Urban Meyer. :bounce:

I haven't thrown a line in a few weeks and that was jumping around Jack's River up in North Ga.

I've been spending my weekends down at hunting camp. Food plots will be going in very shortly and fishing is about to take a huge hit cause of deer season. I'll be on the Flats towards the end of October.

Yea I have definitely switched from fishing mode to hunting mode. I've got some awesome trail cam pics in Ohio and Ga so needless to say, the season cant get here soon enough!!!!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The longer this things drags on, the more damage it does.

tcward

Just saw pics where OSU fans were protesting in support of little Hitler...looked like a bunch of Libtards to me.

TinKnocker

He reported it up the proper chain, his hands are clean. It's those above him that need fired. That most likely will be how it plays out.
Yep writing is on the wall. I said it once already, but I think he gets a 3-4 game suspension.

They’ll claim their panel (of OSU alumni, lol) vetted all the stories and decided he misspoke and shed poor light on the university and deserves a small slap on the wrist.

Then, the AD will be the fall guy. Because you can hire a mediocre AD to be the fall guy for the next scandal on just about any street corner. But natty winning head coaches are harder to find. ??‍♂️

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
They just better hope it is put to bed before December.

DannyW

I used to fish the Jack's and Conasauga Rivers and their tributaries in Cohutta quite often. Nothing quite like throwing a fresh trout in the grease and watching it curl up like a banana pepper.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
People view Meyer and his program as a threat. .
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Given the pathetic region schedule OSUx plays it baffles me how his preseason ranking year in and year out is even close to what they hand him on a silver platter. He had one good year when the SEC was at the bottom of the drum and they have treated OSUx like gods every since.

Truth be known if they got the preseason ranking they deserve it would be a challenge for OSUx to make it to a competitive slot year in and year out.

Program is a threat..........Good One!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DannyW

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Given the pathetic region schedule OSUx plays it baffles me how his preseason ranking year in and year out is even close to what they hand him on a silver platter. He had one good year when the SEC was at the bottom of the drum and they have treated OSUx like gods every since.

Truth be known if they got the preseason ranking they deserve it would be a challenge for OSUx to make it to a competitive slot year in and year out.

Program is a threat..........Good One!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Huh?

Meyer's career record as head coach across 16 seasons at 4 schools is 177-31 (average season = 11-2). He has won 3 national championships in those 16 seasons. He is first among active coaches with a winning percentage of .851 (for perspective, Nick Saban's career winning percentage is .778.) At OSU his record is 73-8 with a national championship in 6 seasons. Forget preseason rankings, the WORST final YEAR END ranking of his OSU teams was 12th.

Urban's winning percentage at OSU is .901 versus Nick Saban's percentage at Alabama of .868.

So ROFL at me for labeling Urban Meyer's program as being a threat, but most objective people would view his teams as being one of the teams to beat year in and year out....maybe not THE team, that would be Alabama, but you certainly cringe a little when you see the name OSU pop up on your season schedule.

Last edited:

Tmpr111

I’m sorry, but Urban doesn’t have that percentage if he stays in the SEC. In fact, the only reason why he does is because of their cupcake schedule each year. I’m not bias to either but the scheduling isn’t close.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He is first among active coaches with a winning percentage of .851 (for perspective, Nick Saban's career winning percentage is .778.)

That's because Alabama plays football against real college football teams.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
That's because Alabama plays football against real college football teams.
ROLL TIDE / GO DAWGS

Urban has 1 NC in 6 years at OSUx
Saban has 5 NC's in 11 years at Bama

Double Urbans tenure there and he still doesn't come close to Saban.
OSUx can keep there cupcake schedule and win lose record. I'll take the big boy football trophy's that Saban has any day, all day long.