Mineral Station

JoPa

Pool salt seems to work the best for us. Have tried the TS red mineral blocks and a couple of the different bags of powder, but for us it's the salt they come to. I'll dig a shallow cone shaped "depression" at the site and the pour half a bag of pool salt in it, set up a camera. It will develop a crust and that helps slow the dissipation, but the deer paw at it so much it is usually gone in 6 months.

Bowyer29

Mossy Oak Bio Rock. Its way more expensive than mixing your own but for some reason I put one out and the deer show up immediately. Same thing with the Deer Cocaine but Bio Rock is better for them I believe.

bilgerat

Senior
I use the TS red block and a few bags of icecream salt poured over the top, works well and last all summer

furtaker

I use the plain trace mineral salt that you can buy at Tractor Supply or any feed and seed store. Cheap and works very well.

toolmkr20

A buddy of mine got me addicted to using Black Magic. I started a spot last year with it and have an area about the size of a small car hood that’s 6-8” dug out already.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Where can you find black magic? Local TS didn't have it

philtuts

Big fan of Deer Cain Black Magic. Got a mineral site with a bag of that in it in front of each camera. Makes a lot more sense that corn. I’ve got soybeans and corn all around - plenty of protein, so no need for me to feed them supplemental protein. Just need to get them to stop for the camera and smile.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Where can you find black magic? Local TS didn't have it

Amazon, Cabela's, Bass Pro, WalMarks and that place that won't sell AR's anymore.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Amazon, Cabela's, Bass Pro, WalMarks and that place that won't sell AR's anymore.

I found it on Amazon last night that place is gonna be the death of me

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I use the red blocks from tractor supply, put 10 out rt after Turkey season when I filled feeders , and I seen one today that’s beside a feeder and it’s the size of my fist !