MINNKOTA ULTREX

whchunter

Two questions. Recent Owner.
1. Using the foot control when I press the NAV button I have to press the prop button for it to work. Is that normal? If I remember my Motor Guide only required one button.
2. When using it in NAV it seems to constantly move left and right. Is that normal?

Gafiveo

For question 1, yes that is normal and the way mine has always worked.

For questions 2, mine does this some. Have you calibrated the heading sensor for it (and follow the directions exactly- there are several videos on it)? If not, that would probably lead to more issues with the motor. continually searching. Also make sure the heating sensor is pointed straight forward (to the front of the boat), if it is off some (pointed to the right or left of perfectly straight), that will cause issues too. But once you have it set up correctly, it is an awesome motor!

WranglerSS

The Nav button is designed to take you in a straight line in the direction the boat is aimed at the time of engaging it. The reason it constantly turns is to keep the same heading no matter of wind or current. If it's dead calm and you have the trolling speed on 2 or lower it will turn more trying to keep the heading.