missing bear hunter

greg_n_clayton

I think it is time for folks to start remembering the guy in your prayer folks !! 4 days is a long time to be out there without any provisions and a severe diabetic !! As many folks as there is in the woods over yonder....he should have been found by now !! But it some very rough country in that area !! 2 of his dogs were found Monday I believe it was, on tree with a bear, the 3rd yesterday.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
where is the hunter missing? NC, Canada, ???

greg_n_clayton

I realize the topo is different in the flat country ! But when up here in the.....mountains, your never go alone into the ....rough country !! And if ya do....you need to wear a tracking collar...just like your dog !! This guy from what I have heard.....is in need of being found...and soon !! Folks just don't realize how easy it is to become a victim here !! Our SAR are on calls weekly here for lost people that have no clue !! But this guy.....he is a pro....and he is in trouble...no doubt !!

greg_n_clayton

where is the hunter missing? NC, Canada, ???

Hwy y 28.....Burrell Ford area !!! Dang Gobblin.....you thank I am in Alaska you potty mouth !! This guy is in need of help !! I do hope they find him......alive !!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
It was the dogs that threw me off. And you are north of me.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Hwy y 28.....Burrell Ford area !!! Dang Gobblin.....you thank I am in Alaska you potty mouth !! This guy is in need of help !! I do hope they find him......alive !!

That is a lot of wilderness without many access points.

greg_n_clayton

Heck I didn't even know it was Bar season

It is very popular up here !! i/we do it !! unlike the southern zone, we can only run and tree !! Down south ...y'all can run and take !! ?

Edited to remove abbreviated profanity

greg_n_clayton

never understood that !! we train here, and to go to South Carolina or North Carolina to take !! Northern zone needs a hunt like SC....a week or or two with dogs !!