Missouri Bullets Load Data

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Picked up some 9 MM, 115 grain lead round nose bullets to use poking holes in paper. Got Power Pistol and Winchester 231 on the shelf. Checked both powder companies and couldn’t find data for my combination of bullet weight and powder. Where do I look next as the bullet manufacturer doesn’t provide data?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I checked Alliant earlier and it doesn’t offer my powder. Power Pistol isn’t listed.

IMG_2514.png
I think Hogdon will get me close.

IMG_2515.png

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The Hodgdon site has a 115gr LRN listed with 231
Thank you, my reloaders guide has data for a 115 lead bullet using 231.
This is the data from Alliant, it list Speer hollow points.IMG_2518.png

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

doomtrpr_z71

Picked up some 9 MM, 115 grain lead round nose bullets to use poking holes in paper. Got Power Pistol and Winchester 231 on the shelf. Checked both powder companies and couldn’t find data for my combination of bullet weight and powder. Where do I look next as the bullet manufacturer doesn’t provide data?
Powder coated or waxed bare lead? I have some data for Missouri bullet co loads .

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Hitek coated I load with jacketed data most time but my load with the powders you have was 4.3gr of 231 coal of 1.110
That’s very reasonable. Modern reloading shows that to be a start charge with 4.8 max.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m going to keep searching for a power pistol recipe as I have a couple pounds of it.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Berry's has load data for similar projectiles at 5.8 grs of power pistol so I would just use it since they are coated.
Thanks, I’ll look at Berrys.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Don’t have the experience some of you have so very cautious.