Monday Supper All From The Backyard

ryork

Alpha gal reared it’s ugly head again the last couple days, haven’t cooked and really didn’t eat much either until this evening. Not exactly sure what set it off this time…

Anyhow, tonight went with a backyard veggie plate of fried okra, smothered down squash, banana pepper and onion, Lima beans and a few green beans (not producing well at the moment) and some sliced heirloom tomato.

Tomorrow is going to be better I hope…… What ya'll having this evening?

7-25 (2).jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Alpha gal reared it’s ugly head again the last couple days, haven’t cooked and really didn’t eat much either until this evening. Not exactly sure what set it off this time…

Anyhow, tonight went with a backyard veggie plate of fried okra, smothered down squash, banana pepper and onion, Lima beans and a few green beans (not producing well at the moment) and some sliced heirloom tomato.

View attachment 1165965
Veggie plate circa early 80s at picadilly! We would road trip (called it vacation) to the big city and momma used to treat herself to that and I'd get a meat and three with a roll.

Good looking plate Ryork!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ryork

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 1165965
Sorry that the animal kingdom is bowing up on you, man. That stuff terrifies me. Hope you figure out what's going on, but that fried okry and squash looks great, for sure!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah... it's good and I really enjoy it regardless of the alpha-gal, but its not exactly that "American creation which I crave" or ever how the song goes........
With some lettuce and tomato, Hienz 57 and French fried potatoes?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yeah... it's good and I really enjoy it regardless of the alpha-gal, but its not exactly that "American creation which I crave" or ever how the song goes........

I can understand that for sure. Glad you're doing the best you can with it man

ryork

Sorry that the animal kingdom is bowing up on you, man. That stuff terrifies me. Hope you figure out what's going on, but that fried okry and squash looks great, for sure!

This is some crazy, wacky, stuff that is difficult to pattern. The medical field as a whole doesn't really understand it either. I had nothing of mammalian origin, and was sick as a dog for 36 hrs or so. My best guess is that I react to carigeenan and up to this point I haven't ingested any. I had some strawberry sorbet (can't do ice cream) and I think it may have been in there to add to the smoothness/creaminess and it is generally not required to be listed on the ingredients apparently. Can't say for sure, won't ever know, but that's my guess. I can say for certain I won't be having anymore of it..........

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

That boy could cook ANYTHING and make it look fantastic!! I would go back for 2nd's on his plate!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
This is some crazy, wacky, stuff that is difficult to pattern. The medical field as a whole doesn't really understand it either. I had nothing of mammalian origin, and was sick as a dog for 36 hrs or so. My best guess is that I react to carigeenan and up to this point I haven't ingested any. I had some strawberry sorbet (can't do ice cream) and I think it may have been in there to add to the smoothness/creaminess and it is generally not required to be listed on the ingredients apparently. Can't say for sure, won't ever know, but that's my guess. I can say for certain I won't be having anymore of it..........
Dang man!