Mountain boots

tree cutter 08

Which kenetreks do you have?
I bought the mountain extremes with 400 gr insulation. Fixing to buy me another pair to put up and break in to have as a backup. I have come to really like these boots. I guess my feet are weird but I tried both pairs of the kenetrek insoles without much luck. Was about to give up on them. Finally decided on the thin foam inserts with Merrill insoles. Perfect combination! I'd say I have at least 200 miles on them since I bought them late october. My only complaint and I've about got use to it is the stiff soles. It's hard to feel the rocks when when hopping creeks or walking logs or situations where feeling the ground is critical. Other than that, climbing, side hilling and decending the steepest terrain is a breeze now. Also got the chance to pack 5 loads of game weighing 70 to 100 lb each and I was amazed at how stable they are.

D

Deleted member 35556

I’ll add in Danner 600s. They’re just flat out awesome hybrid boots. Almost like a tennis shoecombined with a boot that retains side hilling capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan DeBord

D
I bought the mountain extremes with 400 gr insulation. Fixing to buy me another pair to put up and break in to have as a backup. I have come to really like these boots. I guess my feet are weird but I tried both pairs of the kenetrek insoles without much luck. Was about to give up on them. Finally decided on the thin foam inserts with Merrill insoles. Perfect combination! I'd say I have at least 200 miles on them since I bought them late october. My only complaint and I've about got use to it is the stiff soles. It's hard to feel the rocks when when hopping creeks or walking logs or situations where feeling the ground is critical. Other than that, climbing, side hilling and decending the steepest terrain is a breeze now. Also got the chance to pack 5 loads of game weighing 70 to 100 lb each and I was amazed at how stable they are.
Does Alexanders store have the 400 Extremes

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I pulled the trigger on some Kenetrek Mountain Extremes (NI) bout 2 weeks ago. I’ll say, hands down the best boot I’ve ever put my foot in. Plenty ankle support for side-hillin. The way the sole is put together is a game changer. I shoulda bought these a while back..

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I pulled the trigger on some Kenetrek Mountain Extremes (NI) bout 2 weeks ago. I’ll say, hands down the best boot I’ve ever put my foot in. Plenty ankle support for side-hillin. The way the sole is put together is a game changer. I shoulda bought these a while back..

$500 a pair. :hair::hair::hair:

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
$500 a pair. :hair::hair::hair:

I got em on Midway.com Black Fridee.. They was 20% off.. Came with some free gaiters too. I dunno bout those things..

I’ve ate 2 pairs of Salomons in the last 18-20 months.. Somethings gotta give, those ain’t cheap neither..

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I ended up going with Crispi Nevada gtx 200 gr. So far my feet are in love. I may end up getting a non insulated version for the summer if these are too hot but I think 200 gr will be fine.