My 5th summer garden: Expansion and more beans

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My plants are pretty much just sitting, all are healthy but not jumping yet. Soil temp has got to be climbing with all the sun we’ve been getting.
Edit to add that the cucumbers are growing.

BowSniper

Yall got me excited to plant a garden. I have never had one before but we (me and the wife) tilled some ground this past weekend and are going to try to get some seeds in the ground this week. Should have tilled and prepped the ground a little earlier and better but we didn't decide to have a garden until just recently. It will definitely be a learning experience.

BowSniper

Whitefeather

Management Material
Yall got me excited to plant a garden. I have never had one before but we (me and the wife) tilled some ground this past weekend and are going to try to get some seeds in the ground this week. Should have tilled and prepped the ground a little earlier and better but we didn't decide to have a garden until just recently. It will definitely be a learning experience.

BowSniper
Good luck. Lots of good advice here if you want to ask

JB0704

I Gots Goats

BowSniper

Keep us posted. This stuff is addictive! My gardens aren't near as nice as some of these folks, but I think I get a little better at it every year. These folks in here are extremely helpful.

Please Post pics of progress.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I’ve never planted this late. It’s stressing me out. Gonna try to get it finished this weekend

Last year I planted on April 17th, and had to re-plant the Orky n purple hulls. That's why I am holding back this year. It's difficult cause part of me thinks I am making a mistake. Corn is getting planted this week if at all possible. Prolly some of my beans too. I won't plant the purple hulls and okry and the sweet corn for another couple weeks.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Finally got the whole field harrowed. I am gonna run a tiller through the garden and put some seeds in the dirt soon. I got some goats this past weekend and that took up all my time prepping and getting ready for em. Very fun times at the JB household.
Goat pictures when it’s convenient please

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
These are Boer / kiko mix, about 3 months old. I bought 6 this weekend. Have three others I plan to buy in the next day or so. All females. I gotta let em get a bit older before I bring a billy in the mix. Here is a couple pics.View attachment 1300302View attachment 1300303
Glad you finally got you some, I know you’ve been wanting them for a good while. You’re becoming a really accomplished farmer.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Glad you finally got you some, I know you’ve been wanting them for a good while. You’re becoming a really accomplished farmer.

Thank you for saying that. I am just having a lotta fun with it, so are my girls. Getting the land cleared and prepped and building that fence took a few years. But we are now implementing the plan.

Does your neighbor still keep goats? I appreciated you taking me over there to talk to her that day. I learn more with every conversation.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Thank you for saying that. I am just having a lotta fun with it, so are my girls. Getting the land cleared and prepped and building that fence took a few years. But we are now implementing the plan.

Does your neighbor still keep goats? I appreciated you taking me over there to talk to her that day. I learn more with every conversation.
Yep they’re still at it.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Good deal. As this thread rolls along Ill post more pics of things. It's been a ton of work getting here and I ain't 100% operational yet. Seems like every day I find something else I gotta build or buy.
BTDT

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I call my days of farming adventure my “Old McDonald Days” you’re traveling the same path.