My Christmas Present...

04 Spoiler

Well as bad as I hate to say it, Yesterday was the first day that I got to take my daughter hunting...But Grandpa has been taking up my slack taking her with him though thank God. Between work, her school, cheerleading, traveling out of town for hunts and us doing other stuff together we just haven't been able to go hunting together but we MADE time today. We finished up all of our shopping a couple of days ago so we could hunt yesterday. We went the other morning and bought a new rifle that we both picked out, came home and sighted it in and headed to the woods. Britt wanted to film her first hunt and she said I was the cameraman last time, so it was her turn...

We got to my lease around 3 that afternoon and set up in my Ameristep blind and began the wait. Of course, Brittany was playing games on my phone and text messaging everyone she has ever remotely talked to...EVER..and about 4:55 I saw a nanny coming from the back of my food plot and she made it about half way up and I saw horns coming behind her...and then MORE horns. So once the deer got to the foodplot I looked at both of them to see what they were and we decided to shoot the larger 8 point...Brittany was all excited, her first filmed hunt and here was two 8 points and a doe. So that kind of pushed me to shoot the deer, normally I would have let them walk, but sometimes there's more to it than huge horns. I have let 25 - 30 of these type bucks walk this year while I was sitting with my normal cameraman, but this time was a little different. It's always nice to at least see horns hit the dirt though, I told her I could shoot the doe but she wanted to film a buck getting a dirt nap so what the heck...

She done a GREAT job for being 11 and filming her first hunt. I also joined the Encore family today...I bought a Pro Hunter .308 (My second best Christmas Present) this morning and that dang thang will SHOOOOT. It blowed a hole in that buck this afternoon that was unGodly...so I am pleased so far but I would like to get a trigger job. Other than that...I love it.

So here are some pics from my 8 point kill and my daughter's first filmed hunt...Doesn't get any better than that.

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

This is the bucks coming in to the plot...a little dark for pics but thas all we could get...
DSC00082.JPG

DSC00084.JPG

My New Pro Hunter...
DSC00001_2_.JPG

DSC00002_2_.JPG

DSC00003_2_.JPG

Hoss

That's a great Christmas present. Congrats on the nice buck and to your daughter for filming it.

Hoss

04 Spoiler

Oh yeah...this is my first "Before and After" deer too...I didn't realize it until Britt said she thought we had some pics of that deer from the summer...and sho Nuff'

Here is the before....
CDY_0029.JPG

CDY_0019.JPG

Thanks Hoss...I appreciate it. :cheers:

LJay

Retired Mod
Alright!!!!! Great presents. Congradulations to both of you.:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :clap:

tyler1

Hunting is not about the size of the horns its about the size of the memory. You made a big one that you will relive over and over. Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Timbo 66

TIM, WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT YOU GOT. FIRST YOUR DAUGHTER BEING INVOLVED IN WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO. AND SECOND YOUR NEW PRO HUNTER. CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER.:cheers: :cheers:

04 Spoiler

Thanks for the GREAT replies everyone...I really appreciate it...some good folks over here...

:cheers: