My dad

pbradley

My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer yesterday. For anyone inclined to do so, your prayers are appreciated. Vietnam vet and Purple Heart recipient, he's had a lifelong ability to figure things out and fix them. He has literally worked on everything from air conditioning to zambonis. He's also the kindest man I've ever known.

If you've had any previous experience with this sort of thing, I could also use some out-of-the-box suggestions for pain management. He's in a lot of pain and the medical industry isn't helping him a lot.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to hear it.

Big7

The Oracle
Prayers for your Dad and family.

What the politicians have done to the pain management clientele is criminal.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Hate to hear this. There are pain management places. Don't know about cancer, but my son went to one after his major back surgery. His surgeons recommend it. It actually kept him from getting addicted to heavy pain killers.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mighty sorry to hear this, Brother Bradley.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I sorry to hear this about your Dad.
Thoughts and prayers PB.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
My Prayers are being sent up for your Dad and all of your family during this very difficult time. ::;::;::;

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer yesterday. For anyone inclined to do so, your prayers are appreciated. Vietnam vet and Purple Heart recipient, he's had a lifelong ability to figure things out and fix them. He has literally worked on everything from air conditioning to zambonis. He's also the kindest man I've ever known.

If you've had any previous experience with this sort of thing, I could also use some out-of-the-box suggestions for pain management. He's in a lot of pain and the medical industry isn't helping him a lot.
Really sorry to hear it. Lost my daddy to that very thing. Will try and get the info for you on what all he was given for pain. And will surely be praying. Real similar story to mine. Vietnam vet with a Purple Heart.

This will get some backs up but I don’t care. I tried to get my daddy to let me get him some marijuana. I don’t use it myself but all my coworkers do. It wouldn’t have been hard to get. He refused. Just something to think about though.

transfixer

Very sorry to hear ! I don't know anything about pancreatic cancer, various members of my family have dealt with cancers , but none there, I would be inclined to check into alternative methods of dealing with the pain, such as CBD oil or gummies, but not the ones available here in Georgia, they aren't full spectrum, you have to order from places out west in order to get ones that have any real potency, they still only have a minute amount of thc, but are derived from the whole plant, which gives more benefits

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm sending them up for you and your dad Philip. I do hate to hear this bad, tragic news. Lot's of times life is not fair. This is another one of those times.