My dad

turkeykirk

Thoughts and prayers from here.

specialk

as transfixer posted at least try the CDB stuff....gummies are the easiest....oil drops 2nd best....

GeorgiaBob

My prayers are sent and will continue for your father and the whole family.

For pain management you might try to find a doctor who specializes in that and try to convince them to try to find a drug, or combo of drugs that work and cause the minimum of unwelcome side effects. There are a lot of options but, because of the political pressure over opiates, most doctors are reluctant to prescribe. That is less of a problem for the docs who are experts in pain management (usually these are also anesthesiologists).

I have a few issues that mean chronic pain and, so far, only hydrocodone works for me. But what works for me doesn't work for others! Look up an anesthesiologist that has "pain management" in their ad or on their sign and get your dad an appointment.

wvdawg

Staff member
Prayers lifted. May God bless.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Prayers for your father.

crackerdave

Prayers from here,also.Prayers helped me beat cancer...God will take care of your Dad,too.

I agree with the herbal pain management.Get a doctor to give you a medical marijuana license and buy the best you can afford.It will not only ease the pain,it will stimulate his appetite and help him sleep.
As a last resort for severe pain,there is the option of a morphine pump.

Last edited:

alphachief

Brother, very sorry to hear this. Prayer’s definitely on the way for your Dad, you and your family.

Buford_Dawg

Praying for you and your dad and family. Cancer simply sucks, took my father last November, found it 4 weeks before. Thankfully it was quick and he didnt have to suffer for a extended time. He was a great dad. Spend as much time as you can with him is all I can say.

georgia_home

prayers for you And family.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I hate cancer with a purple passion. I wish I could help with the pain meds. If you are close to Cancer Treatment in Newnan, maybe they could help with that.

I will be praying for you, and put your dad on the prayer list at our church.

poohbear

Prayers going up for your Dad , You and family all we can do is trust in Jesus Christ for the best outcome possible . Thank him for his service also , God Bless !

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Sorry to hear this, lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer a few years ago. His case was pretty severe and fast growing. Emory performed a nerve block and he was on Dilaudid, but neither worked 100%. He was unable to use any herbal treatment
On the other hand, my boss who passed away from a long battle with brain cancer used marijuana in several forms and it helped him tremendously.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Prayers for your dad and family, brother.

dslc6487

Prayers on the way for your dad and family.
I don't know whether it is time to get hospice involved, that will have to be a family decision, but they usually help quite a bit with pain management. Might talk to his primary physician about timing for hospice involvement..