My dad

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
I’ll be praying for him.

Tight Lines

So sorry to hear this. My dad is the same, Vietnam + Purple Heart. Thanks to Vietnam, he has CLL caused by Agent Orange. He is in remission currently. It's not been easy so I feel your pain. Thank your dad for his service.

I asked my wife who is an RN about dealing with the pain. She said first, it should be part of his treatment. The VA was actually pretty good with my dad. She said you have to find the right doctor that knows how to treat him. Sorry if that is common sense. Not sure where you are located.

If that doesn't work, she said that there are a lot of folks using medical marijuana and as @transfixer said the CBD gummies. You have to get the higher potency ones from CO, CA etc. We have an in-law who is taking them regularly for chronic pain due to a disease. It really helps her lead a near normal life.

Sorry again. My wife works at CHOA, has had cancer, and we've seen a million doctors in Atlanta, Birmingham, and even Mayo. If you want to pick her brain PM me. I can also ask my mom what all she did to get the VA to help my dad.

Keep your head up, and hang in there...

Toliver

So sorry to hear this. My dad is the same, Vietnam + Purple Heart. Thanks to Vietnam, he has CLL caused by Agent Orange. He is in remission currently. It's not been easy so I feel your pain. Thank your dad for his service.

I asked my wife who is an RN about dealing with the pain. She said first, it should be part of his treatment. The VA was actually pretty good with my dad. She said you have to find the right doctor that knows how to treat him. Sorry if that is common sense. Not sure where you are located.

If that doesn't work, she said that there are a lot of folks using medical marijuana and as @transfixer said the CBD gummies. You have to get the higher potency ones from CO, CA etc. We have an in-law who is taking them regularly for chronic pain due to a disease. It really helps her lead a near normal life.

Sorry again. My wife works at CHOA, has had cancer, and we've seen a million doctors in Atlanta, Birmingham, and even Mayo. If you want to pick her brain PM me. I can also ask my mom what all she did to get the VA to help my dad.

Man I hate to hear about all this stuff. Vietnam Vets have a special place in my heart. My dad now has Parkinson's Disease believed to be related to Agent Orange.

My dad wears Vietnam Vet hats and shirts all the time. I got him this one for Father's Day.

Screenshot_20230625_112626_Chrome.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Hate to hear it, PB. Prayers to you and your Dad.

pbradley

Thank you all for the prayers, comments and suggestions.

pbradley

My dad was diagnosed with CLL 5 years ago.

tr21

prayers for him, you and your family PB. lost my father in February, he was 85 and never spent a day in a hospital except his last day here. you cant ask for a better life than that ! spend every second you can with him and let him know you love him.....