My new semi fo fo MAG numb.

tdc4dade4

My Dad got me that Same rifle have killed many a deer with it since I was 15 I'm 55 now , don't hunt much with it anymore , Lots of good memories

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I dont think I'm complete enough of a hunter to shoot something like that.:eek:

Recoil isnt to bad, a tad less than a 45-70...but after about ten rounds it will get your attention :bounce:

TimBray

My father and I was in that line you speak of at Kmart on memorial drive and we got the last thudy thudy for me for Christmas that year.
Then you must have been just ahead of me in line. (y) I can remember it as clearly as if it happened yesterday. ;)

Bucaramus

I have that same gun. Bought it a few years ago and still haven't shot it. The only mark on it is where the feed ramps are scratched a little from loading. Thought about scoping it but never have.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have always wanted one of those. And a fo-fo-fo.

longbowdave1

Great rifle! Back in 1980, I didn't yet own a deer rifle, and my cousin let me borrow his Ruger 44 mag rifle for the gun hunt. Told me me just to get a box of shells,and I would be all set. Headed down to the local sport shop, and asked for some ammo for a 44mag rifle. I was confused when he handed me a box of 44 pistol ammo???? He laughed and said" Trust me kid, it's what you looking for!". Problem is I'm not much smarter today....... Had about 30 does come by me but no bucks, never got to try it out on a deer.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
If you hit one with a 44mag rifle you know it immediately and hear it bust the hide and see the deer’s reaction with no mistake of a hit and then you get a good bloodtrail if you didn’t drop it.
With a scope you’ll definitely hit it if sighted in and you make your first shot count.
With hot loads it kicks like a mule but that first shot hits hard as a rock. The rest of them bullets is for the other deer standing there wondering what that bamclack was.
They don’t go too far neither.
Them see thru’s ain’t all that bad either for up real close.
100 yards is a chip shot with my Daddy’s hot load. Way past book.
It’s the only round I shoot that hot and only out of Rugers.
Then if you buy 44 mag from the store it’s more like 22 shorts vs 22 magnum.
Will I give out that load data?
Not a chance in hades. It’s patented!
Do your homework.
My son will know it though.
Just not yet. I don’t vary the load daddy done did and happily settled where were at.
The reason I went with a 445 supermag is because it shoots 44’s and I knew full well I could use Daddy’s data at least.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
^^^
Fo Fo Fo is the same...265 gr bullet @ 2200 fps makes a nice WHACK! when it hits and leaves a blood trail a blind man can follow.
Thats very true but not compatible with the 44. I’ve shot the fo-fo-fo plenty.
My brother owned it and so did my best friend. But reloading 444 and the gun used in that caliber is typically not for me. Because...
I got my hands full with these I got.
The 444 is in its own realm by itself.
I like the caliber and all but don’t wanna own that one for some reason.
It’s my brothers round not mine.
I’m the baby as they used to say.