**Need advice** What's the best facing the tree climbing stand?

walters

brett hunt

brett hunt white tail. my favorite, was in a state park hunt a couple of yrs ago and sit in it for 12and a half hours strait without being uncomfortable

duke13

i like my ol man multi vision. you can face either way, use for rifle with gun rest or bow. Scotts outdoors in florida has em with shipping for $139! can't beat it.... comfortable, secure..

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I am curious, what is the purpose of facing the tree when gun hunting?

clvickers

There are only two options in my opinion.

1) Promag Treestand from Treewalker Treestands. Link: http://www.treewalkertreestands.com

This stand allows you to sit either facing toward or facing away from the three. The NET seating is VERY comfortable and will allow you to sit however long you want without "Having" to stand up to rest your rear. Its only 18/19 lbs so its light when carrying it in and out. I have two of these.

2) Gunslinger from JRH Sport. Link:http://www.jrhsport.com

This stand is another VERY comfortable stand but you can only face the tree. I've sat in one for 6 hours without issue. Well I did have one issue, I fell asleep :biggrin3: fore a bit. I use these more as fixed postion climbers due to their weight. 26 lbs for standard climber and 32 lbs for fat boy version. I have two of these climbers.

I hate any climber that has a peice of wood under my rear or has a very small or hard seat area. I've had Ol'man's, and equalizers and they are now gone.

Carlie

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
although I dont use them any more, they sure are comfy and you can even stretch out and throw your legs up on the arms for a nap:p

swampdaddy

Purpose for facing the tree.

To me facing the tree provides concealment as well as a good brace for your rifle. When facing the tree I sometimes
Screw my bow hangers in both sides of the tree horizontaly so that i can have a good extended shooting rail for long shots.

Hankus

I love my FatCat but theys alot of people down on TomCats. If you go with a cat jus remember to get a good cushin, I got a gel cushin for mine and it makes a LOT of difference over jus a foam cushin

blocky

I use a warren and sweat cottonwood. Like the guy said, a good stand to nap in. Wrapped in and safe. Don't know if they still make them anymore.

whitworth

" a warren and sweat cottonwood"

They are indeed an heirloom tree stand, made in pre-historic times, when they were making tree stands with 250 lb. weight limits.

Oldstick

held up by a little elastic strap that loops over the back frame member and snaps. That thing will occasionally unsnap and let the back of the seat drop a little and will scare the bejeezus out of you. .

:hair::hair:

Good one..... That would most definitely get my attention followed by (hopefully) tempory heart failure

clvickers

The problem I had when I first got it was that the back of the seat (when facing the tree) is held up by a little elastic strap that loops over the back frame member and snaps. That thing will occasionally unsnap and let the back of the seat drop a little and will scare the bejeezus out of you.

I'm afraid that a little more than bejeezus would be coming out if it happend to me. :eek: I'd probably have to climb down and go back to the truck so i could change some clothing after something like that happened.
:D

laserdoc

I have had my gunslinger for over 15 years.
Just picked another one up off craigslist for 75 bucks!!!
Best of the best and still going strong!!!!
Do not go into the woods without one!!!

Latest posts