need some advice on clothing

shushu

i am going to canada deer hunting in november and i am trying to decide on what kind of cold weather clothing to get. i have been looking at cabela's mto50 coveralls. what do yall think?

BKA

Banned
I usually go in shorts and a tank-top.

Seriously, I would take the warmest thing you can find

mikelogg

Goose down and wind proof fleece for warmth,Gore-tex for rain gear,it worked for me in Alaska.

addictedtodeer

I usually go in shorts and a tank-top.

Seriously, I would take the warmest thing you can find

take the warmest thing, then double it, and then prepare to thaw for a week after!:)

I lived in Alberta for 2 years, November will not be that bad, the coldest month is January. You'll probably be experiencing temps around 0 C to -10 C. What will get you is the wind if you are hunting in the prairie provinces. It is usually a "dry cold", that means you can bundle up and keep out the cold.

Early November compared to late November is a big difference. When i was in Alberta 1st Novmeber was first snowfall that usually didn't last, end of November was the first serious permanent snowfall.

I'd say to be on the safe side be prepared for -20 C (but that would be really extreme).

Layering is important so that if it warms up you can shed off layers during the middle of day and add on as the sun sets.

Let me finish by saying the key is the wind, if you not prepared it will go right through your clothing and make your hunt miserable.

CAL

Sounds like addictedtodeer has been there and done that!If I were going I would heed his advice.Better safe than sorry.

Latest posts