Need Some Help

BACK STRAP

I have been hunting some land in franklin county for 4 years and this year I found a good rub line along the front side of the 65 acres I hunt. The property is two diffrent stands of pines. The back 30 acres is 12 year old pines,hard wood ridge and a old house place field that is growed up in weeds and small trees. The front 35 acres is 6 year old pines. When you come through the gate about 80 yds to the right there is a cluster of older pines that was left when they cut the timber.There is a ditch that runs along the back side of the older pines.(this is where the good rub line is located) Every time I try to slip in to the cluster of pines I jump a deer out of the ditch and this thing sounds like a cow when he leaves out. I have tried to go in to the stand in the morning,mid day and in the afternoon and I jump him every time. The pines are to thick to hunt him anywhere else.

Last edited:
Try this...

Gave this tip to my brother and it worked. Set up 70-100 yards away from the pines around 2 in the afternoon. After an hour of settling, hit your grunt call a few times and be ready. Wait 20 minutes and try again. He is ready to stretch that time of day and will sneek out to see another buck if he is rutting. My brother did the same thing and shot a nice buck at 3:30. They dont like to come out, but they will.

Junebug

You got a huntin' buddy?

Send him around the back side...the long way around...to watch that ditch before you ease into the big pines.

BACK STRAP

Thanks

I am going to set a plan in motion the week of thanksgiving. I plan to leave him alone for about 10 days and then I am going to try to drive him out.I walked the lower side of the pines friday in the rain and I think I know where he is leaving the pines at I hope it works.