Need Some Loads...

Big7

The Oracle
Got some different powders I've never tried and need some hunting loads. Nothing fancy.
For the Big7. I'm a big Hogdon fan and got loads for them and can get around good on their free website pretty good. Some, Sierra for instance, charges to access their load data and I guess some others do too. I'm looking tho.

RL- 15
RL- 23

All jacketed boat tails. (A couple are new to me bullet weights too)

162 Hornady ELD MATCH is what I have the most of to play with. Yes, I would shoot an ELDM boolit at deer size game under max charge and if it wasn't sitting in my blind with me. :LOL:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
In the past I have emailed Sierra and they have emailed me load data. I see nothing wrong with buying one of their books. We can't expect free load data
When bullets are 50 and 80 dollars a box, they ain't free.

I'll check with them tomorrow and see what they are willing to send me.

Thanks for the reply.

bighonkinjeep

Just call them.
These guys have been very helpful to me in the past even when I wasnt using their bullets. They do tons of testing and have lots of data available for both accuracy loads and hunting loads.

Sierra bullets tech line 1-800-223-8799

Last edited:

menhadenman

Just call them.
These guys have been very helpful to me in the past even when I wasnt using their bullets. They do tons of testing and have lots of data available for both accuracy loads and hunting loads.

Sierra bullets tech line 1-800-223-8799

I’ve contacted Berger like that too. The guy straight up emailed me a few pdf pages from their manual. This was for 7 RM.

I used the Hodgdon site often too. I have a few editions of Hornady and Nosler and can usually get a good starting point based on similar loads.

rosewood

Got some different powders I've never tried and need some hunting loads. Nothing fancy.
For the Big7. I'm a big Hogdon fan and got loads for them and can get around good on their free website pretty good. Some, Sierra for instance, charges to access their load data and I guess some others do too. I'm looking tho.

RL- 15
RL- 23

All jacketed boat tails. (A couple are new to me bullet weights too)

162 Hornady ELD MATCH is what I have the most of to play with. Yes, I would shoot an ELDM boolit at deer size game under max charge and if it wasn't sitting in my blind with me. :LOL:

Thanks in advance for the help.
My 1/2 MOA loads in my Savage 110 7Mag is with RL 22 and 154 SST. I haven't tried RL23, but I think it is supposed to be a temperature stable version of RL23. I didn't try much else in that gun since I hit the sweet spot early in my development (which rarely happens). I guess once my RL22 dries up, I might have to try RL23.

RL15 is probably too fast for 7mag. I have had good luck with it in .308. It is a contemporary with Varget.

Rosewood

Big7

The Oracle
My 1/2 MOA loads in my Savage 110 7Mag is with RL 22 and 154 SST. I haven't tried RL23, but I think it is supposed to be a temperature stable version of RL23. I didn't try much else in that gun since I hit the sweet spot early in my development (which rarely happens). I guess once my RL22 dries up, I might have to try RL23.

RL15 is probably too fast for 7mag. I have had good luck with it in .308. It is a contemporary with Varget.

Rosewood
Thanks.

I did a little trading for those two and figured I could find a case they would each fit in.

"Whatever you wanted" still wasn't exactly available when all that went down and I'm just now trying to find use.

Maybe the 15 will work in the .243 if it's good in a 308 size case.

I'm going to contact a Alliant and look at some boolit websites for a few calibers when the cleaning ladies leave today.

Thankfully, looks like @Liberty done hooked me up with data for the RL-23 and the Big7.
:cheers:

Big7

The Oracle
Thank You VERY Much.

Those boolit weights are right where I need to be to use what I have on hand.

Ima' roll a few today so I'll have some for hunting season.

I appreciate the reply. :cheers:

rosewood

Thanks.

I did a little trading for those two and figured I could find a case they would each fit in.

"Whatever you wanted" still wasn't exactly available when all that went down and I'm just now trying to find use.

Maybe the 15 will work in the .243 if it's good in a 308 size case.

I'm going to contact a Alliant and look at some boolit websites for a few calibers when the cleaning ladies leave today.

Thankfully, looks like @Liberty done hooked me up with data for the RL-23 and the Big7.
:cheers:
I will take the RL15! Picked up 900 CCI LRM last weekend I might trade!

I also use RL22 in the .243. The smaller bore with fat case seems to like slower powder. The RL15 works well in .308, 7mm-08, 30-30, 7-30 waters etc.

Rosewood

Big7

The Oracle
I will take the RL15! Picked up 900 CCI LRM last weekend I might trade!

I also use RL22 in the .243. The smaller bore with fat case seems to like slower powder. The RL15 works well in .308, 7mm-08, 30-30, 7-30 waters etc.

Rosewood
Let me weigh it and I'll shoot you a PM.

killerv

Talk is big on an internet forum behind a keyboard.
Bad thing is, I didn't mention you at all. You just assumed, that's the sad part

I think you are the one that forgets you literally posted about subsonics and hunting land you didn't have permission to be on. I know I wasnt the only one that saw it. Having dealt with many trespassers/poachers over the years, I don't have any issue calling one out. It gives our sport a bad name. We don't need anyone actively talking about themselves trespassing/poaching on this site. It's a bad look.

I told you where I've gotten free sierra load data like you asked and you couldn't even say thanks.

Now out of respect to admins I will shutup about this, I think my point has been made.

Last edited: