Need suggestion for solar dock lights.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Due to regs I can't install wired electricity on my dock. I would like to install something akin to a permanent parking lot/security light that will stay on all night. Looking at solar lights as an option. They advertise ones that are supposedly capable of this that come with a factory installed battery. Anyone use these and what if so what is your experience. My biggest concerns are
1) How well do they work?
2) How long does the batteries last before they have to be replaced.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EdF

Due to regs I can't install wired electricity on my dock. I would like to install something akin to a permanent parking lot/security light that will stay on all night. Looking at solar lights as an option. They advertise ones that are supposedly capable of this that come with a factory installed battery. Anyone use these and what if so what is your experience. My biggest concerns are
1) How well do they work?
2) How long does the batteries last before they have to be replaced.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I have 6 solar lights on my dock. I got them on Amazon. When I notice the lights do not stay on all night especially during the winter with reduced sun, I replace the batteries. I suspect they would last several years.

Josh B

Could you use low voltage lights powered by a transformer not on the dock? You would just need an outlet 20 to 30 feet away.

SemperFiDawg

Could you use low voltage lights powered by a transformer not on the dock? You would just need an outlet 20 to 30 feet away.
Doubtful. I'm gonna look around and see what I can come up with. I know they sell solar lights for parking lots and such. I'm probably gonna try one of those. They have a bigger battery and if they will work for a parking lot/security light I gotta think they would be good enough for a dock light.

KrappieKrane

Bought a cheap security light that has a solar panel from China Freight. It comes on at night on a low setting and gets bright with any motion. It last all night and has for a couple of years.

SemperFiDawg

Bought a cheap security light that has a solar panel from China Freight. It comes on at night on a low setting and gets bright with any motion. It last all night and has for a couple of years.
I looked at those at HF and wondered about them. Gonna give them a closer look