Needing Some Advice

95g atl

I'd get rid of the car.
cut your loses and buy a honda or toyota.

tad1

You are an awesome situation with two additional cars to drive! No need to make a rash decision. If I were in your boat I would likely be looking for a good clean fuel-efficient used car for $10,000 or less, Ideally with much lower miles than that dead versa. Maybe you can recoup some cash by selling it for parts. Not saying that replacing tranny wouldn't work out ok but that is a significant cost relative to the vehicles value.
Be patient with your decision and good luck ?

sparky

there have been lawsuits against nissan for the cvt,you couldnt give me one,some hondas have them as do the new corollas,no towing even a small 4x6 trash hauler trailer.I would sell it for junk and put $$ into a new/used something else,also check carcomplaints.com for owners input

acurasquirrel

I’d get rid of it and put the money you would spend on a new transmission into a used Honda Civic. When I was commuting 72 miles a day each way I had a 2002 civic lx 5sp. I think I gave $3200 for it with new tires. That thing would get 40mpg and never gave me any issues in the two years I owned it. Sold it when I moved.