Never Again

Redbow

Will I renew my license tag sticker by mail. We sent the renewal form off May 1st to the NCDMV thinking maybe in about two weeks the sticker would be in our mailbox for my old Chevy truck. Nope, didn't arrive. We thought maybe the new sticker for the license tag had been left in someone else's mail box, nope the DMV never mailed it. After talking to them 3 times and getting the run around with 3 different people they finally admitted they processed it but it was never mailed out to our address.

I do hope I finally got things straight with the third lady I talked with by phone at the DMV. She finally came back to the phone after putting me on hold for about 15 minutes and told me, your new sticker should arrive in 7 to 10 days from now, call back if you don't receive it.

In the meantime my license tag has expired but she did tell me I have a 15 day grace period for getting my new sticker. One of the ladies I talked to wanted me to go to Morehead City NC to the NC license plate bureau and pay the fee again for my new sticker, with a 10 dollar added on fee because I was late in renewing my sticker. I told her I had already mailed it in and the DMV has my money, and I have the check right here in front of me that has cleared the bank. She hung up on me, geeze these folks up in Raleigh have it all together with incompetence.

The tag on my truck expired May 1st, next time I will go to Morehead City and renew in person.

pjciii

You know that last year they out sourced the DMV to a contract company. I go in person to the one here in Franklin,NC.

Redbow

You know that last year they out sourced the DMV to a contract company. I go in person to the one here in Franklin,NC.
The tag renewal office in Morehead City has always been contracted out to the state of NC. But yeah I know what you are saying.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
We get it at the court house here when we pay our taxes in WV, I hate dealing with the DMV

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We get it at the court house here when we pay our taxes in WV, I hate dealing with the DMV
It's tied to the property taxes on your vehicle here, too, but you have to go to the DMV tag office to get your plate, and pay the vehicle property taxes. Never really had an issue here in rural western NC, usually in and out in five minutes.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
For vehicles and trailers we do the courthouse, but have to do boats at the DMV NAZIS

sinclair1

They send the renewal a month ahead here. I usually pay as soon as it comes. This year I remembered on my birthday. I just sent and took the chance for 2 weeks.
I have really started to value my time, so standing in line is second fiddle to driving expired to do something better.

oldfella1962

I feel sorry for you folks. I have dealt with horrendous DMV's in the many different places I've lived. But now I am fortunate to have the best DMV on the planet here in Columbia County GA! :) Never a line, never a mistake, never a complaint from anybody that I know who deals with them. Absolutely flawless in every regard. I don't know how Augusta itself (Richmond County) is.

Jeff Holt

Habersham Co is pretty easy. I mail the single tag on my wife's car but go to the office to pay the 6 in my name. I don't see why I should pay $1.00 per tag mail fee when all 6 arrive in the same envelope.

DannyW

They have renewal machines in grocery stores around my area in Georgia. I go get groceries, and my tag renewal on the way out the door. Unless there is someone already using the machine, and there rarely is, it takes 2 minutes.

coolbreezeroho

Did mine online ...North carolina. I have two trucks and they mail both sets of paperwork together. Just happened to look at the other paper in the envelope an saw that it was for the other truck...Was 2 seconds away from shredding it

Big7

The Oracle
Most of the gals at my county tax/tag office are folks I went to high school with. Usually nobody in line and most windows open.

Same at probate court.

We are getting big fast. Walton County and Monroe is almost unrecognizable except the town square. Won't be long and we'll be like Snellville.

I have 1 parent left and I'm off to Florida and been thinking about South Carolina. It's a lot less expensive to live there than in Florida.