Never Seen One Of These??

Have you ever seen a 30-30 Win. FMJ?

• Total voters

rosewood

leave it to Salvage to build a bolt action .30-30.
I picked one up at a pawnshop about 2 years ago for $215 otd. It is labeled Springfield 840, but same as the 340. I wanted to load with spire points, but the mag isn't long enough to seat the bullets long enough. Ended up loading 130 speer flat point. Hitting over 2700 fps with LVR.

It is definitely light and handy.

Rosewood

Lukikus2

It actually looks like a 30 carbine round in a 30-30 casing. Weren’t they around 110 grams? I have seen a few MilSpec loads for non military weapons. Even 357 AP back in the day.

fauxferret

no visible sign of a cannalure...no visible sign of a crimp

someone must have loaded them for their single shot needs

what weight bullet does the label on the box say they are
did this a while back with some 110's for the carbine. Loaded them light with some clays or red dot. Useless beyond 25 yds but was nice and cheap to shoot.

BriarPatch99

I have a part box of those here ... we, along time ago used them to shoot fish with ... had a pond loaded with South GA trout .... we had platforms built in Cyprus trees similar to deer stands.... we'd watch for a large trout to swim by .... you shot just close to it head ... not hitting it but close. The concussion would basically kill them... then it was fish fry time ... I hope the limitation time is way past... because this was 50 years ago ...or right after 1969 when I purchased my first 30/30.

Nic would tell you that a Trout here was the same thing wealthy call a ....Bass!

Dub

I have a part box of those here ... we, along time ago used them to shoot fish with ... had a pond loaded with South GA trout .... we had platforms built in Cyprus trees similar to deer stands.... we'd watch for a large trout to swim by .... you shot just close to it head ... not hitting it but close. The concussion would basically kill them... then it was fish fry time ... I hope the limitation time is way past... because this was 50 years ago ...or right after 1969 when I purchased my first 30/30.

Nic would tell you that a Trout here was the same thing wealthy call a ....Bass!

Now my dinner plans for tonight no longer seem really appealing.....because you just flung a real deal no kiddin' cravin for some fried fish.:rockon:

I'm gonna have to scratch that itch for tomorrow night's dinner. (y)