New contender for world's ugliest gun

rosewood

It doesn't have to be a failure to feed, it can be a failure to fire.

Contrary to what some people believe, you do on occasion get a factory round that is a dud. Maybe you have never had one, but if you shoot enough, you will find one that doesn't fire eventually.

It has nothing to do with an "inferior weapon system".

Also, in a high stress situation where you might be ducking and covering, shooting from odd angles can cause firearms to not always function properly. You might even be to close to something and your slide hits an object while cycling that can cause problems. Even the LEOs that train with whatever weapon system you say is not inferior, practice FTF drills.

Rosewood

If a firearm doesn't function from odd angles then you clearly have an inferior weapon system to what I have and should sell it.

Just my opinion.

Have had some federal ammo over the years not go off though.

LittleDrummerBoy

I've never had a problem with any pistol I've bought having fixed sights that are far off the point of aim, personally. And I would rather have a hideous, reliable gun any day than a beautiful, classy looking gun that I can't rely on to function 100% or hit what I'm pointing it at.

We have a few guns in our safe where the point they hit can vary significantly depending on the ammo being used, at least at ranges of interest to us. When one uses a pistol for deer, varmints, and snakes at outdoor distances (rather than man-sized targets inside), those variations in where the gun is hitting matter more.

The fastest gun clear/reload on the planet....a second gun.

Depends on where the second gun is, how much one practices, and the nature of the stoppage. I can recover from most misfires in less than one second (actually timed), and most failures to feed in under two seconds. Only when it comes to reloads am I faster drawing the second pistol. But I carry that one on my hip also. Lots of back-up carry locations are slower than a practiced reload, and what happens when the second pistol runs dry? Are your spare mags for the one you dropped, or for the backup?

Dub

I toured the FN factory and I asked them why they dont put adjustable sights on their pistols and they told me that "a good shooter adjusts their aiming point".

What does that even mean!? lol

If I cant adjust my sights to hit where I am aiming the gun is dead to me.

I'll bet the folks at FN are still laughing about that one.

I see your point, but not really.

I guess I never understood why anyone would carry a weapon that they couldn't hit anything with either. I always carry with one in the chamber weapon fully ready to fire anyhow so I dont have the need for a fast "hand rack".

I guess if a guy carries a gun that they intend to fire at distances of less than 25 feet then thats fine if you gun hits 4" high or to the left. To me, that just isn't acceptable.

For the record I do have adjustable sights on all of my Glocks that I "train with" and I never cut my hand.

7 yards. Draw and empty mag, rapid reload. Reholster & draw again and empty mag.

Same weapon. 7 yards. Draw and empty mag, rapid reload, empty mag.

Inferior weapon used that day....note the fixed sights:

Same range session....same 7 yard distance. Draw & empty mag, rapid reloads and more mags emptied.

Used another inferior weapon for that shooting:

More 7 yard targets with another inferior gun using fixed sights:

From the draw, empty mag, rapid reload, reholster, draw and empty mag.

Here's a good one for you.....how about this.....230gr American Eagle ball.....first 14 rounds ever fired through this inferior gun......fixed sights:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We have a few guns in our safe where the point they hit can vary significantly depending on the ammo being used, at least at ranges of interest to us. When one uses a pistol for deer, varmints, and snakes at outdoor distances (rather than man-sized targets inside), those variations in where the gun is hitting matter more.

Depends on where the second gun is, how much one practices, and the nature of the stoppage. I can recover from most misfires in less than one second (actually timed), and most failures to feed in under two seconds. Only when it comes to reloads am I faster drawing the second pistol. But I carry that one on my hip also. Lots of back-up carry locations are slower than a practiced reload, and what happens when the second pistol runs dry? Are your spare mags for the one you dropped, or for the backup?
I'm not using a carry pistol for hunting or long-range shooting. I have pistols/revolvers for that stuff that have adjustable sights. If I'm shooting at something a good ways off, that's what I have rifles for. A semi-auto carry-type pistol to me is a close-range defensive gun. And I've never had the need to shoot a snake so far in 53 years.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

If a firearm doesn't function from odd angles then you clearly have an inferior weapon system to what I have and should sell it.

Just my opinion.

Last range session with Dad.

I'd brought a few inferior weapon systems in .45acp along. He'd brought his wheelguns.

He got reacclimatized to the .45 by shooting the 4.25" in the pic. He wasn't driving tacks but he was getting it done just fine.

When he was done, I ran a few mags of my Gold Dot carry loads though it before we left. Simply picked out a spot on his target and hit it...then stacked the rest of the rounds on top of that spot.

Such an inferior weapon and such horrid sights.

rosewood

Just my opinion.

Please enlighten us on the weapon system that can never fail no matter what. I will have to purchase one of those.

Rosewood

rosewood

John Browning
45 ACP

I bet those words get you excited don't they Dub?

:)

LittleDrummerBoy

I'm not using a carry pistol for hunting or long-range shooting. I have pistols/revolvers for that stuff that have adjustable sights. If I'm shooting at something a good ways off, that's what I have rifles for. A semi-auto carry-type pistol to me is a close-range defensive gun. And I've never had the need to shoot a snake so far in 53 years.

In my years living on a farm, I always had a rifle in the truck or with me on the tractor. But many targets of opportunity (varmints or deer, mostly) suddenly appear and can be dispatched with a carry pistol before a rifle can be brought into play. The target is likely to disappear by the time the rifle is fetched.

The "need" to shoot snakes that are not an imminent threat is always debatable. If snakes put my dogs and livestock at risk, I'm inclined to shoot them, where others may not feel the "need." Even without snake shot, a good JHP placed from contact to 6" in front of the snake will usually create a shower of fragments and do the job.

Usually the ability to reliably hit a 6" circle at 100 feet will fill these needs. We've had a number of semi-auto carry-type pistols in the safe that will do that with one type of self-defense ammo or another. But the wrong choice of ammo can give a much bigger group and be hitting waaaaay low and to the left at that distance.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
In my years living on a farm, I always had a rifle in the truck or with me on the tractor. But many targets of opportunity (varmints or deer, mostly) suddenly appear and can be dispatched with a carry pistol before a rifle can be brought into play. The target is likely to disappear by the time the rifle is fetched.

The "need" to shoot snakes that are not an imminent threat is always debatable. If snakes put my dogs and livestock at risk, I'm inclined to shoot them, where others may not feel the "need." Even without snake shot, a good JHP placed from contact to 6" in front of the snake will usually create a shower of fragments and do the job.

Usually the ability to reliably hit a 6" circle at 100 feet will fill these needs. We've had a number of semi-auto carry-type pistols in the safe that will do that with one type of self-defense ammo or another. But the wrong choice of ammo can give a much bigger group and be hitting waaaaay low and to the left at that distance.
I agree completely about the choice of ammo affecting the point of impact. That is basic knowledge. The first thing I do when I buy a gun is to determine what it likes to eat. As far as killing a snake if you have reason to, a stick or rock works just fine. :)

Dub

John Browning
45 ACP

I bet those words get you excited don't they Dub?

:)

(y) Yes sir they surely do.

I get all warm and bubbly thinking 'bout 'em. :bounce:

Same thing with Gaston Glock's G19 and Pietro Beretta & the M92.

Ole JMB would likely roll over in his grave if he knew what the muscle car lovin' madman Les Baer has done with his design.......or that other young upstart watchmaker, Bill Wilson. Lord knows I have lots of respect for both these accomplished gentmenz. They are good people even if they do make "inferior weapon systems".

Wonder what Rob Leatham, Brian Enos, Jeff Cooper, Clint Smith and a host of others would have to say about such an inferior weapon system with horrid sights ???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

weagle

They have a ways to go before they catch up with Beretta on the ugly scale:
Neos_PROFILE_R.jpg

Jester896

Senior Clown

you shouldn't run with such a false sense of security...even a 17/19 Gen 2 or 3 can have a hiccup. If you followed your own advice you would need to sell it...still wouldn't be inferior in my eyes...nothing in this world is perfect

Dub

I dont have failure to feeds on my glocks. I shoot 5,000-10,000 rounds per year. I dont recall the last failure to feed that I have had.

But I see where your coming from. Especially if you are using an inferior and less reliable weapon system.

Another range session today with inferior weapon systems and horrid sights.

150 rounds. 15 at at time, from a low ready, DA first shot and 14 SA. Repeated each mag. 3 points of aim.

Another inferior weapon system with horrid sights. Drew from holster. Running carry loads Fed 9BPLE.

Twice at his left hand. Three at his gun hand.

Also ran this little alloy framed monster

285 rounds fired today. Inferior weapon system with fixed sights in dim conditions and at a fast rate of fire.

Zero failures of any kind.

Not a marksman by any stretch of the imagination but the rounds hit where I wanted.

Eyes are nowhere as sharp as they used to be.

Front sight is all I focused on so it doesn’t matter what type of rear was in the gun....in terms of shooting.

Each gun has rear ledge sight that could rack the gun off a table, belt or etc.

Last edited:

bullgator

Just my opinion.

A limp wrist situation can cause any pistol to not cycle properly, resulting in a manual racking situation.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler