Did you buy a gun today #3

pacecars

With all the gun buying these type posts get pretty long pretty fast so it seems like time for another one. I will start it off!

I just put a S&W 4 screw 6” Model 48 .22 Win Mag on layaway. I do love a K frame

snuffy

Dub said you talked him into it. But I don't think it takes much to talk him into buying a new gun.
Don't forget to get the MOS version in case you want to add a light. @Dub finally convinced me to use my Shield Arms mag so don't forget to pick up a couple of those too.

Big7

The Oracle
No guns. I'm set for life and "gun poor" but that don't mean I will turn down a good deal. I have WAY to many as it is.

But I did pick up a 3 pack of 10/22 magazines that are supposed to go better with all the BX Triggers I have recently installed. They are about a millimeter taller than standard but works fine with factory unmodified 10/22's.
20230721_145227.jpg20230721_144157_(1).jpg

Dub

Don't forget to get the MOS version in case you want to add a light. @Dub finally convinced me to use my Shield Arms mag so don't forget to pick up a couple of those too.

Your were right on the mark about this model.

I feels like a G19 on a diet.
Since I do need to diet….it’ll shove down in IWB kydex & leather a bit easier than the G19.

The folks at Shield Arms don’t mess around….they dang near got these delivered before I even ordered them.

Crazyfast.

Picked up one of their packs that has their mag release, three S-15 mags, magwell and a +5 mag extension.

Mags coated, smooth, corrosion protection is evident.

Installed the magwell & mag extension. Will get the mag release when I have more time.

Will be nice having a 20rd spare in addition to the 15+1 in a typical carry day.

IMG_9322.jpegIMG_9327.jpegIMG_9326.jpegIMG_9324.jpegIMG_9323.jpegIMG_9328.jpegIMG_9329.jpegIMG_9330.jpegIMG_9331.jpegIMG_9333.jpeg

Dub said you talked him into it. But I don't think it takes much to talk him into buying a new gun.

I used to be a heap worse…..still bad…just not as bad. :rofl:

18 oz
1” thick
Optic ready
15+1 with 20 rd spares

Was able to cash in on a once/annual discount from the range’s inventory……my arm needed minimal twisting. :)

But I think this thread gives us a great reason to buy one. :cool:

Sure is.

A pile of encouragers here to promote adding to our gun racks.

Lilly001

I was visiting my LGS and this followed me home.
Totally unplanned. I told the Wifey I am going to set it up as a Coyote gun. She hates Coyotes.
Ruger American predator in .223.
It has a 1-8 barrel with thread and cap. Takes AR magazines (this is why I first looked at it).
This scope mounted light also followed with the gun.
Now to sight in and try it out.
The scope came mounted on the gun as a package. It seems to be OK for an inexpensive scope so I’ll try it out.
I can’t be trusted out alone.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpeg
    IMG_1019.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 17

Dub

I was visiting my LGS and this followed me home.
Totally unplanned. I told the Wifey I am going to set it up as a Coyote gun. She hates Coyotes.
Ruger American predator in .223.
It has a 1-8 barrel with thread and cap. Takes AR magazines (this is why I first looked at it).
This scope mounted light also followed with the gun.
Now to sight in and try it out.
The scope came mounted on the gun as a package. It seems to be OK for an inexpensive scope so I’ll try it out.
I can’t be trusted out alone.

I see some dwindling in the local yote population in the future.

Awesome.

Last edited:

Lilly001

I see some dwindling in the local population in the future.

Awesome.
My buddy and I shot two off of my property last deer season and maybe it’s just coincidence but I am seeing turkey poults in numbers I’ve not seen before.
Over at his property I shot one as the does were fawning and he is seeing three fawns almost every day on his cell cameras.
It might help to even take out one or three a year. I’m going to keep trying and find out.

Reactions: Dub