New elevated stand project

SC Hunter

My buddy had new decks built onto his house and was going to throw his old deck/porches away. I got the back porch yesterday and we got it loaded up. It's an 8x8 platform that 3 of us got on the trailer just picking it up and moving it. We took the 4x4 post off of it so it would fit and ride and I'm going to set the platform on top of 4x4x6 or 8 foot post whatever I have laying around and secure it with carriage bolts I believe. I'm going to see if I have enough wood for a 6x8 blind laying around and leave 2 feet off the back to step up on and step into the blind. This will be 100% for the kids to be able to go and get out of the weather and will be put on a power line that is being planted next year. I'll do my best to post pictures as I go. I'm far from a carpenter but it is what it is.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait to see your progress & the finished product.
Post lots of pics please.

SC Hunter

Can't wait to see your progress & the finished product.
Post lots of pics please.
So far today has been a pain in my behind. I got the platform cut down to the size I want just taking a foot or so one side that the deck boards were rotten. I moved the platform itself to where it's going to be put at then things got irritating. I somehow sliced the side wall in the front trailer tire of my buddy's trailer. My trailer was just a little small for the platform so I borrowed my buddy's 8x20. Now he gets a brand new trailer tire out of it for being a good friend. I heard that pop and air hissing and went to cussing. I'm headed home to get my impact and go take the tire off now then I'm going home and drinking beer. Hahaha

sleepr71

Free projects often spiral out of control. I usually end up with more $ in them than I would have if I had just paid for a new whatever it is;). Have fun. Make the kids participate…that way they will appreciate it on those cold,rainy days..:)

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I love the idea! If it were without obstacles it wouldn’t be very rewarding! It’s gonna be beast and I can wait to see it! BTW- we should already be seeing pictures…….load on trailer, punctured tire etc.. ::ke:

4HAND

Staff member
I would love to have a big old wide power line to hunt.

SC Hunter

@bfriendly note the two slices. It went flat in about 10 seconds. That platform is laying where it's going to be set up at for now. I went and took the tire off the trailer this morning, actually took both tires off one side so nobody could steal it as easily, and brought the tires home with me.

From where I took the picture of the deer in the scope the new stand will be built about 300 yards up the powerline. Those deer have zero pressure on them and literally fed around my truck while I was 700 yards away.

I told my wife it everything I tried to do was easy I'd be spoiled and it wouldn't be as nice when I finished. I'm going to try to get the legs on the platform one day this week hopefully.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-155353_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113-155353_Gallery.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Snapchat-1579336735.jpg
    Snapchat-1579336735.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 31

SC Hunter

You and me both. I'd break out the bean field rifle for that.
I've got several rifles, 7mm08, 6.5 creedmoor, 243, 30-06 but I've been wanting a new one and like the christensen arms ridgeline. My buddy has one in 26 nosler that is a beast, I've been pondering getting a 300 win mag.

4HAND

Staff member
Nah, just GON get behind Desantis and hope the rest of the party does too. He turned Florida solid red with leadership and results. He's not afraid to tell it like it is, play hardball, etc. He also doesn't commit so many danged unforced errors.

I've got several rifles, 7mm08, 6.5 creedmoor, 243, 30-06 but I've been wanting a new one and like the christensen arms ridgeline. My buddy has one in 26 nosler that is a beast, I've been pondering getting a 300 win mag.
270wsm.

SC Hunter

Another picture of a hole in the absolute worst place you can get a hole. Haha no plug gonna fix that unit!

Attachments

• 20221113_161258.jpg
    20221113_161258.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 7