New snake for me.

Bow Only

I've got a couple of coachwhip stories over the years. The first one was at the farm going down the blacktop road where I saw a snake in the road. I slowed down and saw that it went from the white line on the edge of the road all the way to the center yellow line. The crazy part was, his head was 2 feet off the ground so he was 2 feet longer than the width of half the road. The other was bush hogging in pines where I saw about a 6 footer. I stopped the tractor, jumped off and went to catch him. Running full speed (I was faster way back then), the snake literally left me in my tracks. It had to be doing over 20 mph.

oldguy

I chased one that crossed a dirt road in South Carolina. It was scrub-oak country and that joker went up a tree and left me in my tracks as it zoomed overhead in the canopy!

Israel

BANNED
Walking over a hill near Lobleville Tennessee had to stop and try to figure out what I'd come up on. (After jumping back a few feet.) Who is what, what is who and what's going on?
Took a few seconds to see it was a very dark snake (presumably a king snake after investigation) eating a rattlesnake...took a sec to see who had who.