New State/World record Satilla redbreast!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Dang good fish for sure! I caught a giant shell cracker on a Carolina rig lizard out of the Etowah river years ago! Wish I would have weighed it but I tossed it back.

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
No hp restrictions on the Satilla...

I know Lester, used to hunt and fish with him some. To say that he earned that fish would be a huge understatement.

He's been beating them banks his whole life, and he's a good dude. Always cheerful and ready to help somebody out.

He's probably a member here, too.

oldfella1962

wow I wish I could have witnessed that catch! What are they feeding the red breast in that river? :unsure:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
wow I wish I could have witnessed that catch! What are they feeding the red breast in that river? :unsure:

The Satilla is a weird beast. During winters of high water, the spring is always a good one, with lots of big fish.

It is usually pretty well fished out by early summer, but by then the water is so low you can't run a John boat anymore, and the process starts over.

This publicity will ensure that it gets fished very heavily in 2022... ?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We got em like that in the creek by the house but I keep it quiet so I don't have to shoot trespassers ?
"What we have here is a complete lack of communication."

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that's a biggun for sure! We have a lot of them around here in the rivers and bigger creeks, but they don't have that vivid red coloration here like they do down there. Just an orange breast like a bluegill.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
same as the one in the article. I just have REAL big hands.
View attachment 1151238
I caught a stringer full about that size out of the creek bellow my pond and put them in my pond about 5 years ago. Hang one of them now bream fish'n with lite tackle and you'll wish you hooked a 5lb. bass.

Mars

I caught a stringer full about that size out of the creek bellow my pond and put them in my pond about 5 years ago. Hang one of them now bream fish'n with lite tackle and you'll wish you hooked a 5lb. bass.
The creek on my place is pretty grown up along the banks so I take a little 2ft dock demon rod and its always fun.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The creek on my place is pretty grown up along the banks so I take a little 2ft dock demon rod and its always fun.
My go to is a old 3 foot Diawa with one of those silver dollar sizes Zebcos on it. Landed two 35lb. + carp on it and at least 10 tons of pan fish. Wish I could buy a dozen or so of them now.

dang

DANG !!!
That thing would make a mighty fine bait :rofl:
Congrats to the angler! Heck of a catch!!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
We got em like that in the creek by the house but I keep it quiet so I don't have to shoot trespassers ?

The wife caught one behind the house weighed 13oz, should of mounted it.