News from RemArms: Timney Triggers

HughW2

As y’all know I am pulling for RemArms and hope that they can rebuild the Remington brand. Everyone seems excited about the Lagrange plant and HQ.
checking the website over the weekend I saw this update that effective July1st all 700s will come from factory with Timney triggers…… but it is set at 3-4 lbs pull and is not adjustable. Once again the product liability lawyers strike. I will be interested to see these rifles once they hit the stores. If it is truly set at a crisp 3 lbs pull it will probably sell and will be embraced.

What say you?IMG_0327.png

Dub

For me....it is a net loss as a consumer.

Reason being, they'll be charging more and advertising they are using Timney triggers now.

If it is not adjustable, then anyone who doesn't want a 3lb trigger will have to spend additional money to replace it with a trigger of their liking.

It's also a risky move for Timney.
1) Remington will remain the target for litigious anti-gun hounds for their lawsuits. Remington will use Timney as a sacrificial scapegoat if they can.
2) Timney's name will be etched on a segment of the population as the trigger maker people are pulling out of their Remingtons and replacing.

I don't see any good coming from this.....then again, my opinion of Remington's longstanding mismanagement is not good.

FlipKing

Reason being, they'll be charging more and advertising they are using Timney triggers now.

If it is not adjustable, then anyone who doesn't want a 3lb trigger will have to spend additional money to replace it with a trigger of their liking.
I prefer 3 max. 2.5lb is my sweet spot.

Big7

The Oracle
As y’all know I am pulling for RemArms and hope that they can rebuild the Remington brand. Everyone seems excited about the Lagrange plant and HQ.
checking the website over the weekend I saw this update that effective July1st all 700s will come from factory with Timney triggers…… but it is set at 3-4 lbs pull and is not adjustable. Once again the product liability lawyers strike. I will be interested to see these rifles once they hit the stores. If it is truly set at a crisp 3 lbs pull it will probably sell and will be embraced.

What say you?View attachment 1237545
I'm going through all mine but 1 PU Mosin Nagant and replacing and adjusting every other rifle I have to 3 to 3 1/2 pounds.

Granted, I got a bunch to do but been at least making progress. Did 2 about 2 weeks ago and got parts for a few more.

transfixer

It's also a risky move for Timney.
1) Remington will remain the target for litigious anti-gun hounds for their lawsuits. Remington will use Timney as a sacrificial scapegoat if they can.
2) Timney's name will be etched on a segment of the population as the trigger maker people are pulling out of their Remingtons and replacing.

I don't see any good coming from this.....then again, my opinion of Remington's longstanding mismanagement is not good.

I agree, putting in a quality trigger and it not being adjustable is basically doing something half way, instead of all the way correct . I don't see how this is a good thing for Timney either, as any issues with the rifle as far as accidental discharges or unintended discharges will be blamed on the trigger.

We don't yet know whether the rifles are capable of enough accuracy to even benefit from a good trigger ! and if they were insistent on putting in a premium trigger they could have used an adjustable one and put paint or sealant on the adjustment screws and stated that if it was tampered with any warranty or liability was void ?

I have an early 90's mdl 700 that to me is an example of what they used to be capable of , excellent accuracy, and fine machine work. and it probably isn't as good as some of those made in the late 70's and into the 80's

They should have put a lot of emphasis on the barrels, stressing sub moa accuracy as a selling point , but it seems the current management wants to advertise bells and whistles ?

01Foreman400

Staff member
Christensen uses a Trigger Tech 700 trigger that is 2.4# and is only adjustable at the factory in their rifles
They can be adjusted just like the Primary trigger. They just don’t go as low in adjustment. CA also states it will void the warranty if you adjust them. I’ve bought a couple that were pulled from CA rifles. They call those TriggerTech triggers the Field model. They can be adjusted from 2.5-5 lbs.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Seems like a waste of a good trigger. Don’t have any plans on buying another Remington anyway. Got all the bases covered already.

HughW2

The feedback on the triggers is as expected. Transfixer summed it up nicely bells and whistles, not tangible improvement in quality or accuracy. Several posts above noted Triggertech as preferred after market option and they are very simple to install and only $200.
Pleased to see that on other shooter forums the comments on new production 700’s are very good reviews for improved machining, wood to metal fit, bluing and workmanship.

01Foreman400

Staff member
The feedback on the triggers is as expected. Transfixer summed it up nicely bells and whistles, not tangible improvement in quality or accuracy. Several posts above noted Triggertech as preferred after market option and they are very simple to install and only $200.
Pleased to see that on other shooter forums the comments on new production 700’s are very good reviews for improved machining, wood to metal fit, bluing and workmanship.
I’ve bought numerous TriggerTech Primary’s for right at $100 each. Just to good of a trigger at that price point to use anything else.

FlipKing

They can be adjusted just like the Primary trigger. They just don’t go as low in adjustment. CA also states it will void the warranty if you adjust them. I’ve bought a couple that were pulled from CA rifles. They call those TriggerTech triggers the Field model. They can be adjusted from 2.5-5 lbs.
My Waypoint uses the same trigger as well.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I adjusted 2 at home
careful...we were playing with a TriggerTech Diamond the other day and got it down to where the sear engagement wasn't good...it fired when the bolt closed...just like the older issues.

I still use and have spare Walkers...the spring has or will be changed when they are used. I don't usually adjust them below 1.5-2# however the sear engagement can be adjusted on them as well.

01Foreman400

Staff member
careful...we were playing with a TriggerTech Diamond the other day and got it down to where the sear engagement wasn't good...it fired when the bolt closed...just like the older issues.
Yikes! How low was the trigger set?

Remington is NOT listening to its customers.

We want the OLD STYLE 870's and 760's and 700's back. Its literally that simple. They just need to focus on quality with those three models and start putting them out the door.

We don't want Timney triggers and $6000 sheep guns.

We want $500-$600 760's and 700's in 30-06.....

HughW2

Remington is NOT listening to its customers.

We want the OLD STYLE 870's and 760's and 700's back. Its literally that simple. They just need to focus on quality with those three models and start putting them out the door.

We don't want Timney triggers and $6000 sheep guns.

We want $500-$600 760's and 700's in 30-06.....
And don’t forget the Remington Model Seven. Model Seven is the best GA deer rifle ever conceived.

FlipKing

I still use and have spare Walkers...the spring has or will be changed when they are used. I don't usually adjust them below 1.5-2# however the sear engagement can be adjusted on them as well.
I don't normally go below 2.5#. No issues so far. Certainly something to be aware of though.