News from RemArms: Timney Triggers

FlipKing

Remington is NOT listening to its customers.

We want the OLD STYLE 870's and 760's and 700's back. Its literally that simple. They just need to focus on quality with those three models and start putting them out the door.

We don't want Timney triggers and $6000 sheep guns.

We want $500-$600 760's and 700's in 30-06.....
That's a tough market to get in. Ruger, Savage, etc have put out some very good "budget" rifles.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I’ve bought numerous TriggerTech Primary’s for right at $100 each. Just to good of a trigger at that price point to use anything else.

I became an immediate fan after shooting a buddies M700 with a TT Diamond. Mercy.

I believe @Jester896 awared us here of a TT sale and I bit down on my leather wallet and ordered one.

For the record, the leather biting wasn’t due to the cost….it was a great price on a known high quality product…..it was for buying Canadian-made. :rofl:

I get conflicted with such matters on occasion.

The wallet biting has been a reoccurring theme, as more TT stuff has appeared in the mailbox at random intervals.

Heck, I’d put one on my truck and coffee pot if they made ‘em.

HughW2

Remington is NOT listening to its customers.

We want the OLD STYLE 870's and 760's and 700's back. Its literally that simple. They just need to focus on quality with those three models and start putting them out the door.

We don't want Timney triggers and $6000 sheep guns.

We want $500-$600 760's and 700's in 30-06.....
I don’t know that I want Remington trying to compete with Savage and Ruger American for bargain basement. I want Remington back to offering a high quality affordable bolt action. I would gladly pay $1K for a 700 BDL with good wood if it shot sub moa consistently and looked great. Problem is they quit producing that kind of quality. They can keep every 783 they produce. I won’t buy a garbage gun.

Dub

I don’t know that I want Remington trying to compete with Savage and Ruger American for bargain basement. I want Remington back to offering a high quality affordable bolt action. I would gladly pay $1K for a 700 BDL with good wood if it shot sub moa consistently and looked great. Problem is they quit producing that kind of quality. They can keep every 783 they produce. I won’t buy a garbage gun.

Well said.

I would hope they steered clear of the bargain guns and went for enduring quality.

We may be in a new era, however.

The lathe turned actions are now being upstaged by those made on CNC milling machines and the market is supporting the new trends.

Stepping backwards to revive a prior model may please an older niche market, but the new flat brim cap shooters are spending their coin on what they perceive as new and better….with their eyes on what the exciting PRS & other fun shooting events are running. The flat brims hunting rifles will be some lighter derivative of the competition stuff.

I’m too old and outa shape to pull off a flat brim……but I am impressed with the PRS-type gear and its impact on the markets. It has invigorated gun development and sales. Trend setting.

All that being said….I do love a classic blued & wood hunting rifle that can shoot sub-MOA if I do my part.

Robert28

For me....it is a net loss as a consumer.

Reason being, they'll be charging more and advertising they are using Timney triggers now.

If it is not adjustable, then anyone who doesn't want a 3lb trigger will have to spend additional money to replace it with a trigger of their liking.

It's also a risky move for Timney.
1) Remington will remain the target for litigious anti-gun hounds for their lawsuits. Remington will use Timney as a sacrificial scapegoat if they can.
2) Timney's name will be etched on a segment of the population as the trigger maker people are pulling out of their Remingtons and replacing.

I don't see any good coming from this.....then again, my opinion of Remington's longstanding mismanagement is not good.
I don’t understand how Bergara can come with a Rifle Basix trigger that’s full adjustable and comes from the factory at 3lbs but Remington can’t? I agree with everything you said, those are my thoughts too. Remingtons biggest problem is ain’t nobody gonna pay to dollar money for a 700 when Remington clones are out there for $600+ and doing it better than Remington did. The few years theyve been absent from the market, the market changed a whole lot. The hunting rifle market is as competitive as I can remember, Remington has got to come to the table with a good price and not just say “here’s the 700, pay more for it than the Bergara”. They’ll get laughed at.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I don’t understand how Bergara can come with a Rifle Basix trigger that’s full adjustable and comes from the factory at 3lbs but Remington can’t? I agree with everything you said, those are my thoughts too. Remingtons biggest problem is ain’t nobody gonna pay to dollar money for a 700 when Remington clones are out there for $600+ and doing it better than Remington did. The few years theyve been absent from the market, the market changed a whole lot. The hunting rifle market is as competitive as I can remember, Remington has got to come to the table with a good price and not just say “here’s the 700, pay more for it than the Bergara”. They’ll get laughed at.
The lower end Bergara’s come with a Rifle Basix?

• Haha

rmp

not sure...it had to be below their minimum. That was kinda my point. If you take the fixed 2.4# lower than that you may find a malfunction or be on the edge of one.

I realize this is a Captain Obvious post to many here but that’s why you always put a gun through the wringer as new or after a modification such as a trigger has been performed. Stoned, springs, clean swapped, etc. No matter what the manual says (if there even is one) about pull weight..you slam the bolt closed repeatedly, smack it around with your palm, give it the business! Then of course, pull on safe, then flip to fire.

Dub

The lower end Bergara’s come with a Rifle Basix?

My three didn't, HMR, B14R (rimfire HMR) and a lower priced basic B14 synthetic sporter w/ a fancy looking bolt.

That being said....I almost feel silly replacing them as they were so dang super right outa the box. I may not fool with the sporter hunter.

All my rifles are just the basic models from the various manufacturers. The Bergaras have the best feeling triggers by a large margin...at least in my sample size of M700's, M70, B14's, M77.

Years back I had a Steyr ProHunter & a Tikka that were the best factory triggers I've had. Sold 'em off with the other magnums.

Last edited:

Dub

if your brim was flat it wouldn't bump the ocular lens on the scope ...like the curved one do...I turn mine around a lot. :)

istockphoto-181066491-612x612.jpeg

I can't never go fully backwardz......just give it a lil'gangsta spin and git on the stock & send it.

istockphoto-172133668-170667a.jpeg

Feelin' Dangerous........

istockphoto-172201290-612x612.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
Rifle Basix are pretty good too...I took one of mine out of a rifle to install a TT straight. The .308 I picked up has a Timney. I'll look at it more when it goes back together.

Robert28

Remington needs to do the little things again. Bring back a metal trigger guard, bring back floor plate metal that’s thick. GET A NEW RECOIL PAD, yours sucks. Get some better finish on your barrels so they don’t rust, do these little things that come standard on my $600 rifle and you’ll be back in the game in no time. Just dropping in a trigger that nobody wants won’t win you many customers.

Dub

Remington needs to do the little things again. Bring back a metal trigger guard, bring back floor plate metal that’s thick. GET A NEW RECOIL PAD, yours sucks. Get some better finish on your barrels so they don’t rust, do these little things that come standard on my $600 rifle and you’ll be back in the game in no time. Just dropping in a trigger that nobody wants won’t win you many customers.

Amen.

Those gummy melty recoil pads suck outright. Get rid of the gel junk that turns into gummy worms.

Seems like there is a pile of improvement they could make with the synthetic stocks they use.

Get rid of the extra flimsy stuff....and offer at least a mildly flimsy that has some reinforcement at the recoil lug and a pair of pillars for the action bolts. $15 upgrade they can charge $50 for, yet it would still be a win for owners.

Square up the threaded sections of the receiver and barrel to ensure proper fit. Bergara is doing all of this in their $650 base rifles...plus giving a sweet trigger.
Mine has a cerakoted barreled action....super corrosion protection and looks good to me, too.

Bergara slid right on into the catbird seat when Remington was under legal siege and gross mismanagement.

Big Green has some steep hills to climb on the way back.

Like Vince Lombardi said...."The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there".

Robert28

Which would you rather have for your hard earned money? I know which one I’d pick.

Or this for $60 less

01Foreman400

Staff member
Which would you rather have for your hard earned money? I know which one I’d pick.

Or this for $60 less

That’s a no brainer. I paid less than that for my Wilderness Ridge .308 a couple of months ago.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Amen.

Those gummy melty recoil pads suck outright. Get rid of the gel junk that turns into gummy worms.

Seems like there is a pile of improvement they could make with the synthetic stocks they use.

Get rid of the extra flimsy stuff....and offer at least a mildly flimsy that has some reinforcement at the recoil lug and a pair of pillars for the action bolts. $15 upgrade they can charge $50 for, yet it would still be a win for owners.

Square up the threaded sections of the receiver and barrel to ensure proper fit. Bergara is doing all of this in their $650 base rifles...plus giving a sweet trigger.
Mine has a cerakoted barreled action....super corrosion protection and looks good to me, too.

Bergara slid right on into the catbird seat when Remington was under legal siege and gross mismanagement.

Big Green has some steep hills to climb on the way back.

Like Vince Lombardi said...."The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there".
That’s the same stuff I was doing when I bought Remington rifles.

Robert28

That’s a no brainer. I paid less than that for my Wilderness Ridge .308 a couple of months ago.
I can find the wilderness ridge for about $20 cheaper. I just wanted to show the comparison of the 700 sps to something with FAR more features and 10x better quality for a substantially cheaper price. I could have beat it even further comparing the B14 Hunter model (Bergara’s entry level rifle) but I was trying to make it somewhat fair. If Remington is going to compete they’re going to have to offer the same features Bergara offers but for at least $80-$100 less to get back into the market.