Bad Box of Core-Lokt??

gahunter12

Never had a problem with my reloads. I also never had a problem with Federal Premium, and. Hornady ammo. I have seen numerous problems with the cheapo Rem ammo going bang over the last 2 years.

DeoVindice

I have never personally had a problem with Core Lokt ammo. I used it for years and took a slew of deer with them, although that was years ago. BUT, I was hunting with a friend who missed the buck of a lifetime using Core Lokt. Good indention in the primer, no bang. He was absolutely sick about it. Almost gave up hunting because of it...I thought he was exaggerating about the buck until it showed up on our trail cams. If I say how big this buck was you probably won't believe it, but I will say it was big. Yep, sounds like deer camp story telling but it happened. I've been using Federal for the past 10-15 years. Started using them almost by accident. Never a problem. Would not change a thing.

Stroker

Haven't shot Core Lokts for years. Load my own or buy the Hornady Customs. Bought two boxes of Hornady American Whitetails in .243 last year and had four misfires out of one box. Saved the other box for sighting in new optics.

tcward

The only factory ammo I have had problems with in my 40 years of hunting have been Remington Corelok. 2 different calibers mind you. IMO Remington primers are junk...

Geffellz18

Had this happen two seasons ago with core lokts. Pretty partial to them, but did get a bad box for sure.

Had one go click on me in the stand. Luckily, I was able to chamber a new round real quick a killed a decent 6pt.

Found misfired round on the ground the next morning and it had a good indention in the primer. Dad used same box to sight his new gun in a day or two later and 3 rounds failed to discharge.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I have had 2 misfires on my last two hunting trips with two types of Federal ammo. Bolt action rifle, I'm stumped as to what to do I may send it back to the factory.

As for the corelok, I shot a deer and it did not move just looked around. I shot it again, Just looked around walked up the hill eating a ways and just fell over dead. Still have the bullet, will never use them again. There was no entrance wound That i could find and no exit as I have the bullet.

KentuckyHeadhunter

No entrance wound. No exit wound. Dead deer. Hmmm.....must have eaten the deadliest mushroom in the woods.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
No entrance wound. No exit wound. Dead deer. Hmmm.....must have eaten the deadliest mushroom in the woods.

Still have the bullet in my gun case. Shot it at 7 yds w/ a 30-06. What got me is that it walked a ways still eating before it fell over dead.

The mtn man

If there was no hole from the bullet, what killed the deer?

Lukikus2

I've never shot them but my Dad had some of these on the right he lost deer with. What I shoot is on the left (180 grain). You still have to hit vitals with anything but why not more lead when offered?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 86

chad smith

Happend to me on wma a few years ago! Pulled the trigger on a stud of a buck and it miss fired 2 times and finally the buck bound off a few minutes later I shot a 6pt! Went home shot at a target 4 times and 3 of the 4 times misfired! I went and bought some hornady and never have had a problem again!

Bo D

I seen problems with CoreLokts just 4 days ago hog hunting. buddy and I came up on a kudzo bowl we got on lease and it was full of hogs. We snuck up within 130yds and we did the on 3 thing he shoots to the left I shoot to the right... we shoot and it was the weirdest sound outta of his rifle and he says it never kicked (recoil) we put the gun down in a safe direction and waited 10min or so. Opened the gun grabbed casing and everything looked normal....obviously he missed the hog but we checked anyway for blood and nothing, my hog laid where it was shot.

TylerR11

Not a core lokt but I clicked on a turkey this past season with a Remington nitro turkey 12 ga shell.