Crazy stunts at the gun range.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Here's mine from just yesterday. Almost afraid to ask, but what's yours?
1)Had some members who were wanting to set up targets downrange. Everyone declared "Range Cold" , even the guy beside me who still had his mag in his AR 10 and one in the chamber pointed down range. I halted the people from going down range and called them back then I politely told him he needed to remove the mag, clear the chamber and leave his bolt back.
2) Family member of aforementioned shooter had a misfire on his Glock and proceeded to look down the barrel before clearing the pistol. Same family member later had a jam in his Mini-14 and proceeded to wave it down the firing line on the left and right all the while attempting to clear it with the mag still in it.
3) Same family shooting my 25 yard target and was completely baffled why they couldn't get their AR-10 on paper ......at 25 yards. Finally the Sr. member took his Mini 14 and emptied the 30 round mag from a standing position into the target. Afterward he said to the the rest of the family, "Look. Every shot through the same hole."

It got to the point I just left the line and walked to my car until they had quit.
I've seen some quirky stuff, but yesterday took the cake. How someone hasn't been killed at public ranges is a miracle.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Here's mine from just yesterday. Almost afraid to ask, but what's yours?
1)Had some members who were wanting to set up targets downrange. Everyone declared "Range Cold" , even the guy beside me who still had his mag in his AR 10 and one in the chamber pointed down range. I halted the people from going down range and called them back then I politely told him he needed to remove the mag, clear the chamber and leave his bolt back.
2) Family member of aforementioned shooter had a misfire on his Glock and proceeded to look down the barrel before clearing the pistol. Same family member later had a jam in his Mini-14 and proceeded to wave it down the firing line on the left and right all the while attempting to clear it with the mag still in it.
3) Same family shooting my 25 yard target and was completely baffled why they couldn't get their AR-10 on paper ......at 25 yards. Finally the Sr. member took his Mini 14 and emptied the 30 round mag from a standing position into the target. Afterward he said to the the rest of the family, "Look. Every shot through the same hole."

It got to the point I just left the line and walked to my car until they had quit.
I've seen some quirky stuff, but yesterday took the cake. How someone hasn't been killed at public ranges is a miracle.
As an RSO I've 'ask' some to leave before.

georgia_home

Sometimes stupid fixes itself. But you don’t wanna be there when it happens

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Please tell me this wasn't at Wilson Shoals.....

DOUG 281

I don't to the range anymore because of crazy things like that.A guy told me one time at the range you can go check your target now but they were still shooting i said no thanks i come to the house

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There’s 1 indoor range out near Braselton that has a 100 yard indoor range. Ill make the drive to there to zero a gun but proficiency shooting gets done at camp where there are no other people.

oldfella1962

20+ years military - theoretically every member of every branch has at least the basics of weapon safety under their belt - but reality says otherwise. :(

Toliver

20+ years military - theoretically every member of every branch has at least the basics of weapon safety under their belt - but reality says otherwise. :(
Yeah.... whether military or police, first range day with new trainees can be a bit sporty. :shoot::biggestshoot:facepalm:

basshappy

BANNED
Anyone remember Nick's Guns in Marietta? Me and another gentleman went a few days each morning during the week for a long time, right at open. Enjoyed it best you can for indoor range.

Went on a Saturday morning ... OMG. Canina Bar from Star Wars. People sweeping people, people looking down the barrel of their guns or someone else's gun, people walking in carrying firearm in hand and ammo in other hand, vehicles with open cans in parking lot ... That was only Saturday I went. I was in awe. I couldn't believe it.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
ROTC cadet once he got bit by a 1911, grounds one out 3 ft in front of me, I was done.

Dub

I show up early on the weekdays before the goofballs arrive.

Mags already loaded.

Get it done and get out.