News from RemArms: Timney Triggers

Dub

probably Limbsavers:cool:
Yep.
Gummy Worms.

Junk.

For what they charge for Limbsavers we expect better development of the rubber products used. Rubber & polymer technology is much further along than what LS is selling for recoil pads.

They made their inroads in archery, and their products and other companies made substantial improvements in vibration reduction.

The same stuff isn't perfect for all applications, yet they threw it out there.

Reactions: rmp

Jester896

Senior Clown
And don’t get me started on the Hogue Overmolded stocks. Garbage. The SPS is not the way forward for RemArms.
I put mine in the mill and milled a channel then bedded an aluminum rod in it. I still think it is better than the SPS stock since it is pillar bedded. They do make the stock with a bedding block but I don't know if the forearm is as flimsy on those.

Someone here gifted m the Hogue I have (sorry I can't remember who it was). Still waiting to use it on a rifle since it is stiff now. It has a varmint profile barrel channel and just waiting for a build for it.

Darkhorse

I bought my Model 700 in late 2002, I ordered it special due to the Lefthand aspect, I received it in early 2003 with a december build date.
A lot of rifles later and many deer harvested that M 700 remains as one of the best rifles I've ever owned.
The group in my Avatat was shot with this rifle. That accuracy is repeatable all these years later.
I've never bought a replacement tri
gger as I've always managed to get

good results from the original trigger. But that is going to change now as the old walker trigger is showing it's age. Probably going to get a Trigger Tech for it.

Don't how well it will hold up but I put a Limbsaver on my M700 7mm mag. I like to shoot a lot and that old Rem. pad was starting to hurt. The limb saver tamed that recoil to next to nothing.

I used the pre-fit Air-tech precision pad, fit perfectly out of the box.
I want Remington to give us rifles like mine again, also more Lefthand models in different calibers to choose from.
They give us that again and a new M700 just might become my primary weapon again.

Dub

I bought my Model 700 in late 2002, I ordered it special due to the Lefthand aspect, I received it in early 2003 with a december build date.
A lot of rifles later and many deer harvested that M 700 remains as one of the best rifles I've ever owned.
The group in my Avatat was shot with this rifle. That accuracy is repeatable all these years later.
I've never bought a replacement tri
gger as I've always managed to get

good results from the original trigger. But that is going to change now as the old walker trigger is showing it's age. Probably going to get a Trigger Tech for it.

Don't how well it will hold up but I put a Limbsaver on my M700 7mm mag. I like to shoot a lot and that old Rem. pad was starting to hurt. The limb saver tamed that recoil to next to nothing.

I used the pre-fit Air-tech precision pad, fit perfectly out of the box.
I want Remington to give us rifles like mine again, also more Lefthand models in different calibers to choose from.
They give us that again and a new M700 just might become my primary weapon again.

Let's say that Remington revives the M700 to the standards you are hoping for....what cartridge interests you now ?

Darkhorse

I don't know Dub. I'm pretty well fixed for deer and up with proven rifles in .308, 7mag, and .300 Win. Mag.
I need something lighter in the rifle itself, and in cartridge also. Maybe one of the newer metric calibers from Hornady, one with no recoil and at least a 6.5 bullet. For a long time I wanted a 7mm-08 but couldn't fine one in lefthand. Maybe one of those.
I just don't really know as I have'nt really thought about it that much lately.

Robert28

I’ve been keeping my eye on the 7mm PRC. If it can gain some traction I’ll definitely have to think hard about picking up a rifle in one. It’s already off to a respectable start but I want to see if it can grow in popularity. It was just introduced in November so it’s still a baby. So far it’s doing the best of the PRC calibers by far.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I can imagine why it has not been a priority @Darkhorse

Sometimes looking ahead and thinking about future days afield can be a pleasant distraction...something to look towards with hope.

Hang in there, man.

Dub

I’ve been keeping my eye on the 7mm PRC. If it can gain some traction I’ll definitely have to think hard about picking up a rifle in one. It’s already off to a respectable start but I want to see if it can grow in popularity. It was just introduced in November so it’s still a baby. So far it’s doing the best of the PRC calibers by far.

Big, belt-less, fast twist, growing support by ammo & rifle makers....oh yeah.
High BC .284 bullets reaching on out there. (y)

Robert28

Big, belt-less, fast twist, growing support by ammo & rifle makers....oh yeah.
High BC .284 bullets reaching on out there. (y)
It’s everything I wanted the 7mag to be but never was. Plus you can shoot a 22” barrel instead of a 24-26”. Supposedly less recoil but the same animal and incredible accuracy. It’s got my attention for sure.

Big7

The Oracle
It’s everything I wanted the 7mag to be but never was. Plus you can shoot a 22” barrel instead of a 24-26”. Supposedly less recoil but the same animal and incredible accuracy. It’s got my attention for sure.
I see where you and @Dub are coming from BUT I'm already set up for Remington's Big7.

Tinkered relentlessly with various loads and projectiles from 120 to 175 grain and settled on a few that are dialed in good in my 1:9-1/2" twist. It shoots better reaching out there with 168 grain BTHP's. My general purpose loads are 150's

I wouldn't even think about a thousand yard shot on a living animal with ANY firearm but I have shot paper at 1000 and my best group ES was 19 inches. Still got the targets somewhere.

I have NO IDEA why I bought and am building a 300 Winchester Magnum. I guess because I can. :bounce: We will see how that one pans out. Ain't even shot it yet but I got a Leupold on lay- away.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:

killerv

Remington is NOT listening to its customers.

We want the OLD STYLE 870's and 760's and 700's back. Its literally that simple. They just need to focus on quality with those three models and start putting them out the door.

We don't want Timney triggers and $6000 sheep guns.

We want $500-$600 760's and 700's in 30-06.....
I'm fairly sure if they focused on 760s they'd be closed within a year, the 3006 doesnt get much love either these days. Boomers are dying off.

Darkhorse

I can imagine why it has not been a priority @Darkhorse

Sometimes looking ahead and thinking about future days afield can be a pleasant distraction...something to look towards with hope.

Hang in there, man.
Right now, looking ahead is NOT a pleasant distraction. Not only health wise but just a few weeks ago I lost my longtime (44 years) hunting property. I had that place well managed with trails cut and roads made. I knew where most of the deer and hogs came through.
As for a new rifle it will need to be a lot lighter than what I've been shooting because shoulder replacement will be required shortly. I don't know how I will handle the recoil but I can tell already that the weight will be a major problem.
As for the cartridge, understand this is just the beginning of me considering another one, well, I've always had a thing for the 7mm cartridges. I think the 7mm PRC will have too much recoil but it should be a good one. And there is a real good chance I'll just go with a proven one, the old 7mm Remington Magnum.
That one should be a good one. Plus I've got all the equipment I need for handloading it.
We will just have to see.

Last edited:

Darkhorse

I see where you and @Dub are coming from BUT I'm already set up for Remington's Big7.

Tinkered relentlessly with various loads and projectiles from 120 to 175 grain and settled on a few that are dialed in good in my 1:9-1/2" twist. It shoots better reaching out there with 168 grain BTHP's. My general purpose loads are 150's

I wouldn't even think about a thousand yard shot on a living animal with ANY firearm but I have shot paper at 1000 and my best group ES was 19 inches. Still got the targets somewhere.

I have NO IDEA why I bought and am building a 300 Winchester Magnum. I guess because I can. :bounce: We will see how that one pans out. Ain't even shot it yet but I got a Leupold on lay- away.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Maybe your building a 300 mag. Because the 30 caliber is considered the American caliber.
Or because it's the classic western loading and just mention of it brings visions of tall snow tipped mountains. With a hint of the smell of burning quakies from a distant campfire.
Or because it's an accurate cartridge that will reach out there and cold hammer an elk further than most can realize.
While my favorite remains the 7mm mag. After shooting a few elk with both I have to say my favorite elk round is the 300 Winchester Magnum.
There's plenty of room in my gunsafe for both.

Dub

Maybe your building a 300 mag. Because the 30 caliber is considered the American caliber.
Or because it's the classic western loading and just mention of it brings visions of tall snow tipped mountains. With a hint of the smell of burning quakies from a distant campfire.
Or because it's an accurate cartridge that will reach out there and cold hammer an elk further than most can realize.
While my favorite remains the 7mm mag. After shooting a few elk with both I have to say my favorite elk round is the 300 Winchester Magnum.
There's plenty of room in my gunsafe for both.

I don't know what to attribute this to.....but in my limited experience over the years the .300 Win Mag stands out as the most accurate cartridge, in off the rack rifles, that I've shot....hands down.

In each case it was a simple matter of buying a box each of 165gr & 180gr standard cup'n'core ammo from Walmart, Academy, etc. Fed blue box, Fusion, American Whitetail and the like.

The guns would almost always deliver sub-MOA groups with one of the bullet weights in the easily sourced ammo.

These were all easily sourced rifles, too.....nothing custom, just the basic guns that could then be found in the same Walmarts, Academy, etc.

Remains a mystery to me....and one that I'll likely never dabble with again.....unless I get a wild hair and decide to go magnum again. Not very likely for me....unless a Western hunt becomes a goal. (y)

Last edited:

HughW2

I hear what you are both saying about the 7mmRM and 300 WM being great cartridges and excellent for elk or mule deer. In light of what Darkhorse said about his upcoming shoulder surgery and only needing a rifle for deer, pig and the occasional coyote, why not consider 7mm -08, 6.5 CR, .270 Win. or a .243. Looks like less weight and recoil are going to be critical and deer don’t require magnums. I am in the same boat of thinning the heard on magnums. In my age, I am appreciating a light manageable stalking rifle or carbine with less recoil.

Last edited:

Robert28

I don't know what to attribute this to.....but in my limited experience over the years the .300 Win Mag stands out as the most accurate cartridge, in off the rack rifles, that I've shot....hands down.

In each case it was a simple matter of buying a box each of 165gr & 180gr standard cup'n'core ammo from Walmart, Academy, etc. Fed blue box, Fusion, American Whitetail and the like.

The guns would almost always deliver sub-MOA groups with one of the bullet weights in the easily sourced ammo.

These were all easily sourced rifles, too.....nothing custom, just the basic guns that could then be found in the same Walmarts, Academy, etc.

Remains a mystery to me....and one that I'll likely never dabble with again.....unless I get a wild hair and decide to go magnum again. Not very likely for me....unless a Western hunt becomes a goal. (y)
My best friend lets me shoot and hunt with his 700 sendero in 300win and I swear that’s the best shooting rifle hands down. Recoil isn’t bad at all, to me it’s just different than the recoil in a 7mag. Maybe it’s all in my head but I’m dead accurate with his 300 and don’t flinch at all.

Robert28

I hear what you are both saying about the 7mmRM and 300 WM being great cartridges and excellent for elk or mule deer. In light of what Darkhorse said about his upcoming shoulder surgery and only needing a rifle for deer, pig and the occasional coyote, why not consider 7mm -08, 6.5 CR, .270 Win. or a .243. Looks like less weight and recoil are going to be critical and deer don’t require magnums. I am in the same boat of thinning the heard on magnums. In my age, I am appreciating a light manageable stalking rifle or carbine with less recoil.
Don’t leave out the 25-06! It seems to be seeing a resurgence in popularity lately. I keep thinking about jumping on a used model 70 extreme weather in 25-06 I’ve found listed for a good price. I keep going back to the add and just staring at it :LOL: