Nice treat

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Got some out behind house that come running if I whistle at them. Almost tame. Makes me wonder how they still be alive.

Mark K

Banned
Quail during the late spring and early summer make you wonder how they aren’t extinct. Not sure what happens to their fear, but it’s gone. I have to get out of my truck at least 5+ times while riding around in the evenings just to move them on out of the roads. I could catch a good 20+ with a net if I wanted.
Hopefully there’s a hen around for ole boy to make babies with.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I heard one whistle while I was sitting on my porch last week. First one I've heard in years. It used to be a constant summertime sound here back when I was growing up.

SLY22

Useles Member !
I'm guessing its been at least 10 years since I've seen a wild covey around here in Northeast Meriwether county.

Turkeytider

I've heard more quail in the turkey woods this year than I've heard in the last 20 years. I can't remember hearing this many. Now they need some rain.

That's great! Looks like we may be about to get some of that rain. I think EVERYTHING needs it!

Gator89

I heard some on the lease while turkey hunting Baldwin county. About a dozen were in the road one evening right at dusk. Have seen a few during deer season, too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We started seeing a comeback on birds when we started to fight fire ants. It`s made a tremendous difference. I think it`s helped turkey broods too.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
We started seeing a comeback on birds when we started to fight fire ants. It`s made a tremendous difference. I think it`s helped turkey broods too.

No telling how much Amdro ant killer I put out at the house and on the NF land behind me but I can tell a difference in the quail and turkey. Had a turkey hen and poults in backyard yesterday. Not much I can do but take care of my little world and hope others are able to do the same.