12/12

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
No big deer… we expect rut anytime now (15 dec is what we believe last year). The deer at my house (north of lease) are in rut. I live about ten minutes from my club/lease but the chattahootchie river must be crossed by a bridge (the long bridge) to get there. So we usually dont rut at exact same time. It wont be long.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
No big deer… we expect rut anytime now (15 dec is what we believe last year). The deer at my house (north of lease) are in rut. I live about ten minutes from my club/lease but the chattahootchie river must be crossed by a bridge (the long bridge) to get there. So we usually dont rut at exact same time. It wont be long.
Don't know how far you are from Benning, but we had good luck @ then.

Don't know if you believe in charts or not

Screenshot_20231212_153605_Chrome.jpg
In the blind now, still have a lot of snow, 41 degrees and quiet here on Highland mountain WV.

WOODIE13

Doe and yearling came by, kept looking down their back trail

WOODIE13

Had a doe with a button buck come in, wind swirled and the doe left, then here comes a small doe, her and the button hung out till legal.

Pretty good day, back at it in the morning

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Had a doe with a button buck come in, wind swirled and the doe left, then here comes a small doe, her and the button hung out till legal.

Pretty good day, back at it in the morning
What’s the temp in the morning.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Don't know how far you are from Benning, but we had good luck @ then.

Don't know if you believe in charts or not

View attachment 1275881
In the blind now, still have a lot of snow, 41 degrees and quiet here on Highland mountain WV.
I was going to do GA / FT Benning (moore) and went to the 2023 Annual FT Moore Hunting and fishing symposium. The fellow who got up to talk about hunting spent almost 45 mins discussing what you couldn’t do and the penalties if you got caught doing something wrong. Besides that, you have to register all weapons on post. I just cant jump through that many hoops. Also I guess i am spoiled because i dont want to drive 40 minutes to get to benning. I hunted Benning many years while stationed there, that seems loke a long time ago, my son killed his first buck there.

Last edited:

sprewett

Was reluctant to go this evening after work. But decided I would head to some public up the road. I was planning on slipping around on an area I haven't been before however the property lines aren't marked that well so I decided to go to another spot. The spot is very busy during the weekend but since it was 415 in weekday and no truck parked I figured I was safe. The leaves were still wet in the creek bottom so still hunting was what I wanted to do. As I eased along there were plenty of pig sign. I was easing through some really thick privet along with under growth. Figured I would see one or smell one any minute. Saw some good looking frying sized squirrel and some birds. I got to a spot and heard walking. Heavy waking as I listened I also heard hard breathing. I thought that sure sounds like a person walking but nobody is around here. I stood still for about 10-15 minutes. Walking continued and squirrels barking. My heart was racing but I still believed it sounded like a person not an animal. I decided to head back to truck as my stomach started to get upset. Anybody over 40 knows exactly what I'm talking about when the warning shot is fired. I eased out relatively quiet hoping to see something. When I was walking back up the hill I saw a truck front bumper thought it was game warden to check me but it was not. The sounds I had heard earlier were in fact another person walking and sucking wind hard climbing. He was on the next ridge over. Anywho had a great walk in the woods saw some wildlife.

WOODIE13

I was going to do GA / FT Benning (moore) and went to the 2023 Annual FT Moore Hunting and fishing symposium. The fellow who got up to talk about hunting spent almost 45 mins discussing what you couldn’t do and the penalties if you got caught doing something wrong. Besides that, you have to register all weapons on post. I just cant jump through that many hoops. Also I guess i am spoiled because i dont want to drive 40 minutes to get to benning. I hunted Benning many years while stationed there, that seems loke a long time ago, my son killed his first buck there.
We didn't have to but things change.

Was at Ft McPherson, lived in Stockbridge, drive was pretty good.

Really liked hunting Ft Gillem, oldest son killed his first there

WOODIE13

:rofl: :flag:Going to Benning my last year there turkey hunting, transmission went out in my truck, mind you its a manual...had reverse and 4th. Rode the fire out of the clutch south bound halfway down 185 until I could get turned around, stop signs and lights were optional that early in the morning, but made it home 2006...years ago