11/14 AM

Big7

The Oracle
What is the possibility the scope is off?
It's a cheapo and I'm not sure how it tracks but I had It hitting at 100 but have moved the power a few times since then. Trying to "get by" with one I had laying around.

Whatever the reason, it's my responsibility and I made a more than reasonable effort to find it.

I just came out after about another hour of looking in the daylight.

I'm satisfied I missed clean and didn't injure the animal.

Big7

The Oracle
Last I read it was near eleven o'clock and he was halfway home. Said the dog wouldn't track at eleven p m.
Anybody could tell from the picture of 'blood' that it was a poke berry bird poop.
And after the picture posing with the 10 pointer he put up on Facebook few nights ago, you you can see why someone might not believe a word he says.
I don't.
That #3 Facebook page of mine is strictly for trolling morons. I call it "The Moron Trap".

Morons that don't have anything better to do than snoop around about somebody they don't even know and likely will never meet.

You have to be on my "friends list" to look at #1 and #2 page.

It works pretty good. Outside of admins and mods, there's like 4 people on here that even know me or my real name. How did you find out? You really got nothing better to do? If I had made that FB post as anything but a joke, don't you think I would have posted that big buck here? :crazy:

We know the admins and mods wouldn't be caught up in the moron trap- so it HAS to be somebody else.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This is about 100 feet with way before and way after where he could have went in the woods.

Do you see anything that looks like polk?

And not any places above where it looks like a decent roost.

The last pic is the little log pile I made where I thought the blood was that now might be polk.
I looked all around and didn't see any more drops of blood or polk.View attachment 1269271View attachment 1269273View attachment 1269275View attachment 1269278

I don`t see any poke in those pictures.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Made it to the truck, but what I'd like to know is whatever happened to ground shrikage?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Ground shrinkage only happens with antlers. The body seems to get heavier the further you drag.

Congrats to you!
I wreckin, hills are definitely getting steeper.

Appreciate it

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ground shrinkage only happens with antlers. The body seems to get heavier the further you drag.

Congrats to you!
I think deer are much denser now than they were when I was 25 or 30.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Some of y'all (a very few) will remember crabby bill. You had to be a regular in the duck forum circa 2008. He had a heck of a fishing pole and a real sharp hook. Could set it well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Some of y'all (a very few) will remember crabby bill. You had to be a regular in the duck forum circa 2008. He had a heck of a fishing pole and a real sharp hook. Could set it well.
I miss Crabbybill, even if he was at odds with our rules.