11/14 AM

Hunter922

No.. 2 hounds were here until after 11 last night and I'm still going to look when I come out.

Oh yeah.
Those dogs cost me $150.00.
Every effort should be exhausted to ensure the animal is recovered or put down if crippled. Cost of tracking is part of it so is grid searching the morning after for some time. All this is the very least every hunter should do.

SVT28

Sick to my stomach. Been playing cat and mouse with this 9 pt in Forsyth for a couple weeks. (Buck on left in photo) Got in the tree stand about 6am and settled in.

The buck cruised in about 715am on high alert. I grabbed my bow as subtly as I could and I was about to draw back at 20 yds when he decided to jump a fence and head up to bedding area.

Bedding area is gridlocked so the only way he leaves is back through this transition/pinch point property. Gunna wait until 945 or so to see if he comes back, if not back at it again tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6798.png
    IMG_6798.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 40

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
He updated and said dog and Tracker came, paid $150 to learn spot was not blood, and the dog did not hit on a deer to track.
Last I read it was near eleven o'clock and he was halfway home. Said the dog wouldn't track at eleven p m.
Anybody could tell from the picture of 'blood' that it was a poke berry bird poop.
And after the picture posing with the 10 pointer he put up on Facebook few nights ago, you you can see why someone might not believe a word he says.
I don't.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Little bucks are chasing, not too choosey, still got two tags.

basshappy

BANNED
Last I read it was near eleven o'clock and he was halfway home. Said the dog wouldn't track at eleven p m.
Anybody could tell from the picture of 'blood' that it was a poke berry bird poop.
And after the picture posing with the 10 pointer he put up on Facebook few nights ago, you you can see why someone might not believe a word he says.
I don't.

I missed the 10 pt buck picture?

bany

Sick to my stomach. Been playing cat and mouse with this 9 pt in Forsyth for a couple weeks. (Buck on left in photo) Got in the tree stand about 6am and settled in.

The buck cruised in about 715am on high alert. I grabbed my bow as subtly as I could and I was about to draw back at 20 yds when he decided to jump a fence and head up to bedding area.

Bedding area is gridlocked so the only way he leaves is back through this transition/pinch point property. Gunna wait until 945 or so to see if he comes back, if not back at it again tomorrow morning.
Looks like the one that just blew by me! I gotta get to work but how do I leave now?]

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I don't.
Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 9.00.43 AM.png

Big7

The Oracle
I don't.
So where would a poke berry be if there aren't any berrys around?

Nobody said anything about a poke berry last night.

Big7

The Oracle
Poke sallet grows near about everywhere there is disturbed soil that gets sunlight. It can turn up everywhere.
Well I will take a few pics in about an hour if you don't mind looking.

I know what the stalks like you eat look like.
Is that what you are talking about or something different?

JDBrown

Big bodied, spindly racked 6 point came by around 9am, stayed back in the thicket. He may go down if he steps back out before 10. He was was trailing something.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
My Son-in-law just sent these. I had to work this morning. He just killed his first buck, a 7 point. He text saying one slipped by him to his left. I told him to slip out and cross the hayfield and go to my stand. That deer will there in 30 minutes if he follows the creek to the left. 45 minutes later he sends these. Boy is happy happy happy now
output_image1699971207281.jpegoutput_image1699971113437.jpeg

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My Son-in-law just sent these. I had to work this morning. He just killed his first buck, a 7 point. He Tex saying one slipped by him to his left. I told him to slip out and cross the hayfield and go to my stand. That deer will there in 30 minutes if he follows the creek to the left. 45 minutes later he sends these. Boy is happy happy happy now
View attachment 1269243View attachment 1269244
Congratulations to him!!! You did good on the instructions!!!