No Shoot List

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
He would be an easy pass if y’all let potentials walk! id Let him walk at your place or my cousins place for sure! Hope you see him throughout and next year too!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The neighbor variable is the biggest thing. Nobody can get too mad for people shooting what they have the right to shoot, but boy it’s a plus when they align with you perspective wise.
That also works in the other direction when you're not being constantly berated by your neurotic neighbor who has unrealistic expectations and a shrine to Jackie Bushman in his bedroom...::ke: :bounce:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
How many highways around?

WOODIE13

I rarely see deer like that dead on the highway.
I wouldn't worry, unless you are near Paducah, then I'd worry.
The big ones here normally have the head chopped off anyways

WOODIE13

Rarely see that around here. Course there ain't that many big ones either.
Dadgum if 24 through Ky ain't eat up with them first of November though. Looks like a war zone.
Northern VA @ Quantico to Belvoir...saw some great ones hit, had to put some down, but the rut at least tripled deer/vehicle collisions

huntersluck

We have a few hundred that boulders the city limits and around another 500 acres that are only for bicycles so no hunting there. We have a good buffer so hopefully we can keep him around. If he gets away that’s how it goes but if we shoot him he will never get bigger. Had him on camera all last year.
Yea if somebody else gets him it's not the end of the world. He is not the only one in GA

WOODIE13

I understand that but if we shoot him now he will definitely not have a chance. I will take my chances with the one road.
I won't

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
A chance is all ya got no matter……potential isn’t so common and IMHO, this is exactly the framework for potential, YMMV. I shot a young 8 last year for my first buck, probably only 2.5, but big enough for me! If he’d have had more than 8 points, I’d have let him walk and I told myself that from the start. This was in Kentucky and my cousin let’s them grow. I had a pass to shoot any deer I wanted, the following year has to be bigger etc…. He continues to try to convince the neighbors to do the same, but he isn’t very optimistic they do.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
And if I kill a buck this season, he’ll be much bigger than last years. I saw a few mature deer last year, minutes after I killed my deer. Unreal how big the body on a mature deer is compared to a younger one. I’m holding out this year……at least a little!

Big7

The Oracle
I know every neighbor we have would shoot him.
Good luck….neighbor!:p
I have a couple i put on a no shoot list a few years ago. Big boys too. Still waiting for em to turn up. Aint seen em in awhile but anyday i reckon.

I really liked that club I was in on the Ogeechee River, Warren/Hancock line.

An "illegal" buck on the trophy managed Hancock side could walk across a sand bar when the water was at normal level and be "legal" 100 feet from my stand in Warren County. A bunch of them wound up in my freezer.
:rofl:

If the OP don't shoot him, somebody else will.:wink:

krizia829

He would be tough for me to pass up! lol I can only imagine the quality deer you have roaming around if you're giving him the pass! He sure is pretty

Ace1313

Passing deer can be the most frustrating or rewarding pursuit out there. I applaud your commitment to letting them grow. I personally used to be big in waiting for the biggest deer/oldest deer in the woods to come out, it left me frustrated and not enjoying hunting as much as I used to. The last couple years if the buck get's me excited regardless of the size I will probably put him in the freezer! Heck I saved my buck tag last year for my first public land deer hunt and walked away with a 2.5 year old 8 that I was as proud of as anything!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member