Nose Jammer

oppthepop

Gotta brag on a product. I have a food plot with peas growing in it of about 3 acres. Out of 7 plots, this and one other with brassica are the only ones that made it with the drought in Meriwether. anyway, I've hunted the pea field five evenings since opening day. I've had the same five does and one BIG seven point who is on the hit list wind me every time, as the stand is on the low end next to a swamp and the wind has swirled in every direction every time. I don't want to spend $600 for a Ozonics so i thought i would give "Nose Jammer" a try yesterday evening. The same five does with fawns came out along with three small bucks AND a very nice 3.5 year old eight point that I elected to pass up at 31 yards. The wind swirled like it has every time, and many times blew directly towards all the deer. NOT A SINGLE DEER blew, spooked, smelled me, or ran off. They were there until I climbed down at dark. Was it the Nose Jammer?? Geeez I gotta think so! Will it work every time? I don't know, but you better believe I will have some with me!

critterslayer

You bet! I'm on a hunting show that is partnered with them, and most are skeptical because it smells like vanilla, but I've actually smelled it walking in the woods before, the stuff that's in Nose Jammer occurs naturally! I use it on all my gear, and if the deer didn't like it, I would know by now. I hunt public land in the mountains.

cumberland

No need to be skeptical of vanilla. Pure vanilla extract is better cover scent than any marketed cover scents. Vanilla extract would work better than the nose jammer also. Vanilla extract is probably main ingredient in Nose Jammer. Have had vanilla extract smeared all over me on all by best bowkilled buck hunts.

yzyami

All I wear and whether it works or not has to be better than old spice. Just FYI had small 6pt at 12 yards other morning while hunting on ground

Last edited:

Whitetailfreak23

I have used it for few years now and it's always going to be in my bag. Seen in several different scenarios where the buck was down wind and never smell me cause I sprayed the tree I was sitting in.

kedo

No need to be skeptical of vanilla. Pure vanilla extract is better cover scent than any marketed cover scents. Vanilla extract would work better than the nose jammer also. Vanilla extract is probably main ingredient in Nose Jammer. Have had vanilla extract smeared all over me on all by best bowkilled buck hunts.

Been using this for years. Never spooked a deer even when the wind was blowing on my back!! :banana:

Covehnter

So you guys that are using vanilla. . . explain. . . are you dabbing a little behind your ears or what?

I'm assuming you're diluting the extract with something if spraying it on. Could someone elaborate? Thanks.

RockyMountainBasser

I can remember my Dad having a bottle of a vanilla attractant that he used for years. We always saw deer when he used it. He would spray some every 2 hours or so. Almost killed a big 9 point using it, and bleating like a doe in estrus. Sadly, that buck died by way of another hunter we didn't know was 100 yards above us.

oppthepop

Some of you boys are down right brutal aint ya? Heck I was just making a comment about how it worked for me. You be the judge for your own hunts, but I think I will definitely use it again. BTW - it worked twice more since I originally made this post.

bear claw

bearded driveler
You will learn opp just how fortunate we are to share this forum will some of the most elite hunters in the world if you don't believe me just listen to them