Not the adrenaline rush I wanted

ucfireman

Found in the HOUSE!!!!!
Saw his head under the fridge, thought it was a roach at 1st.
Realized it was a SNAKE and the adrenaline hit.
I hate snakes!!!!!!!
Heart rate through the roof. Breathing increased. Got the shakes. Then had to figure out how to get it OUT!!!
Had to rearrange the kitchen and all the clutter (its borderline hoarder).

After about an hour of pulling the fridge out, pushing it back about a dozen times. Poking it with a coat hanger. I was finally able to get about 6 inches of its head and body out. Used a grabber on a stick and was able to get it out from under it. I was able to use the grabber and get it into a net and outside to the creek.

1st time ever having one in the house.
Hope never again.
P.S. It let out some sort of musk, it stunk.
And yes I knew it wasn't poisonous/venomous, but IT'S STILL A SNAKE. IN THE HOUSE!
About 2-3 ft long.

Attachments

• 20221024_125356.jpg
    20221024_125356.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 39

pjciii

Oh my. Now he will come in thru the toilet. If you hear Your wife scream at night coming from the bathroom you will know whats up. I would keep an eye out. Looked like a black mamba. ? YIKES.

TomC

About 10 years ago was selling my house, real estate agent called while showing the house and said there was a black snake inside the house on the carpeted steps going to the second floor. No idea how that joker got inside!

tr21

I'd have a hole on the kitchen floor and be hunting a new fridge, like you I hate snakes, I'm talking deadly afraid of them :hair: !!!!!

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
When I was a kid I walked in the house and my mom was laying on the couch. I threw a huge rat snake on her stomach. That's what I think of when u say snake in the house

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do that about once a year. No offense, but I'd much rather have a little snake in the house than a mouse. They are absolutely harmless in every way.

ucfireman

Do that about once a year. No offense, but I'd much rather have a little snake in the house than a mouse. They are absolutely harmless in every way.
Had those a few years back, caught 5 I think in a trap and released them at the creek too. Also had them in the soft duct work. That was fun, not.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had those a few years back, caught 5 I think in a trap and released them at the creek too. Also had them in the soft duct work. That was fun, not.
If I get a mouse in the house, my dachshund lets me know quick like. Then I set a mouse masher. He treed a little rat snek behind the sewing machine awhile back. I just picked it up and threw it off the porch.

Doug B.

If I get a mouse in the house, my dachshund lets me know quick like. Then I set a mouse masher. He treed a little rat snek behind the sewing machine awhile back. I just picked it up and threw it off the porch.
Yep! Can't do that with a mouse!

Baroque Brass

My wife is deathly afraid of any kind of snake. I’ve tried to educate her about which snakes are ok to have around (still don’t want one in the house) but to no avail. She won’t even look at pictures of snakes so she can learn to identify them. Needless to say, it wasn’t well received when she was in the shower and I tossed a rubber snake over the door ?.