Nuub sighting in my crossbow.

So I’m sighting in my crossbow. I’m in my yard. Rangefinder puts me at -7, 33 yds. I’m hitting about 2nd line down from center on the reticule. At 53 yds I’m -4 on 4th line down. Since I’m not shooting flat, should I adjust the scope or leave well enough alone?6D656444-6EE5-4A27-AE96-9C91DCEBFF60.jpeg

Last edited:

ddd-shooter

I don’t understand the question, but typically I sight in the center reticle for 20 yards.
From there, I see where the other reticles hit and just remember that yardage. If you can adjust, then adjust.
Typically if center is 20, the others will be approximately 10 yard increments.
Mine is 20, 30, 35, 40, for example.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I don’t understand the question, but typically I sight in the center reticle for 20 yards.
From there, I see where the other reticles hit and just remember that yardage. If you can adjust, then adjust.
Typically if center is 20, the others will be approximately 10 yard increments.
Mine is 20, 30, 35, 40, for example.
Center meaning top , right

ssramage

I was having some funkiness in my crossbow scope too, so I sighted in at 25 and just use the main reticle. Most of my shots will be 20-30yds so I split the difference. I do the same with my single pin sight on my compound.

flintlock hunter

My Xbow is a Nikon Bolt, with the little circles. I find that zeroing the first circle to 30 yds is the best option for me.

I then shoot a group at 20-30-40-50- and 60 yards, taking notes as to where they hit. Then adust the TARGET POSITION untill the actual zero for each circle is established. At this point, a small "cheat sheet" is made up that is afixed to the top of the eyebell of the scope, which tells me exactly what circle will work where the rangefinder says the deer is.

Quick note: Make certain the target tips and broadheads strike the same place or you just wasted a lot of time.:)

Jeetdawg

What kind of scope are you using and does it have a “speed ring” on it? The two newest scopes I just received want you to set the top crosshairs at 20 and then it increases in 10 yard increments. So it appears based on your yardages and crosshairs you are using, its setup the same way.

flintlock hunter

What kind of scope are you using and does it have a “speed ring” on it? The two newest scopes I just received want you to set the top crosshairs at 20 and then it increases in 10 yard increments. So it appears based on your yardages and crosshairs you are using, its setup the same way.

I've had a few different scopes on the Xbow over the years. Currently, it's the Nikon Bolt Crossbow scope, which , as in the case of litterally every other one I have had is only an approximation of the expected impact points they suggest. There is no adjustment for different bolt speed, so it's smply a matter of shoot and record.

At one point I had a scope blow out, and in desparation put my Leupold 1X4X20mm Vari X2 on it, zeroed the crosshair for 25 yards, and hunted the remainder of the bow season putting it in the middle and pulling the trigger from 0 to 30 yards. Very much the same as ssrampage posted.