Ocmulgee

panfish

Hey quack. We make pork rinds for yall . I wish I could have connected on some pigs when down there a couple weeks ago. Iv got a friend that's staying at the check station behind yall.

chrislibby88

Man. Bumped a pig in a clear cut, then I got two good stalks in yesterday after lunch on Ocmulgee. Missed or got poor hits on both pigs. They ran until I couldn’t hear them crashing through the palmettos anymore. Tried to track them, but no blood trail.

Shooting a 22 mag. I should have waited for cleaner shots, as both were from about 20-30 yards through small windows in palmettos. I think the first shot I took was through some cover, so that was my poor judgment. Maybe I can knock some down next time out.

chrislibby88

Went 4 miles yesterday with 2 friends. No hogs. We did bump 3 bedded deer mid/late morning. Found some pawpaw fruit trees with lots of fruit dropping. Never seen them before and had to look them up. Pawpaws are supposed to be farther north.

Attachments

• 64F3E351-5837-4383-9261-1A0D7F744160.png
    64F3E351-5837-4383-9261-1A0D7F744160.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 16

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Went 4 miles yesterday with 2 friends. No hogs. We did bump 3 bedded deer mid/late morning. Found some pawpaw fruit trees with lots of fruit dropping. Never seen them before and had to look them up. Pawpaws are supposed to be ****her north.
Their range might extend up into Canada, but GA is certainly in their home range. I've seen plenty of immature fruits but never have tasted one. Supposed to be similar to a banana.

chrislibby88

Went out last Monday with @Chili Pepper and his buddy Mike. Tried getting them in archery range of some pigs. We walked 8 miles, saw 3 groups of at least 5 pigs. We couldn’t get close enough for arrows on the first group and lost them. Second group saw us first and bolted, and the 3rd group did the same, but I was tired of seeing pigs run at that point so I took a few shots at them running. Smacked the first sow I shot at, and missed the others. Chili and I are going to try again with some calls next Monday morning. Wish us luck!

Attachments

• 5D91F516-39F7-4D3A-891A-EA1D69801365.jpeg
    5D91F516-39F7-4D3A-891A-EA1D69801365.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 22

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
SWEET! some times you just got to let it fly ???

Went out last Monday with @Chili Pepper and his buddy Mike. Tried getting them in archery range of some pigs. We walked 8 miles, saw 3 groups of at least 5 pigs. We couldn’t get close enough for arrows on the first group and lost them. Second group saw us first and bolted, and the 3rd group did the same, but I was tired of seeing pigs run at that point so I took a few shots at them running. Smacked the first sow I shot at, and missed the others. Chili and I are going to try again with some calls next Monday morning. Wish us luck!

Have a good feeling about Monday we will call them in so I can stick one with the longbow. If not I am sure you will put another down with the .22mag lol

chrislibby88

Have a good feeling about Monday we will call them in so I can stick one with the longbow. If not I am sure you will put another down with the .22mag lol
You are gonna lead this time. Hopefully the rain this week and weekend won’t have them scattered too far up stream. Makes reading sign a little easier though.