1st pig brig set

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck ! From what I’ve seen and heard you’ll like it .

turkeykirk

Nice set up. Great luck.

Mauser

Looks like the number one trap.
How long does it take to set one up?
It took two of us an hour and a half to set up the first time. I think the next time will be quicker. We’re just going to leave T post and ground anchors at each spot. And just move the net around. It’ll be real easy to just move the net once we get several sites set up.

Mauser

They may have been close by the last time you went to the trap. Be patient. Use a cell camera to monitor(if you don’t already have one). That way you can limit how many times you leave scent,etc
We’ve got a cell camera set up by it. We should have set the trap out in the sun for a few days before we put it up. You could smell it pretty strong

ShortMagFan

Good luck. I got a brig a few years ago and it’s been sitting unused for a couple years now. Caught all the pigs!

in my experience one site per tract is all you need unless the tract is 500+ Acres. This time of year they are easy to get on bait since deer season is out and most bait sites are running dry.

the pig brig is a great product

sghoghunter

Down here on one of the farms I shoot them on a guy next door has a pig brig. When he first set it up he said he caught around 75 the first month and this was around this time last year. I haven’t talked to him lately but by the hog numbers I been seeing and shooting I’m thinking they might be getting use to the trap or he’s not setting it

Mauser

Down here on one of the farms I shoot them on a guy next door has a pig brig. When he first set it up he said he caught around 75 the first month and this was around this time last year. I haven’t talked to him lately but by the hog numbers I been seeing and shooting I’m thinking they might be getting use to the trap or he’s not setting it
We talked to the adjoining farmer today and they have trapped 96 next to us and within a mile down the road,So far this year. I guess that’s why they are trap shy. He’s using a pig brig as well.