Official recommend a taxidermist thread

rugerfan

I will throw a recommendation in for Buck Master Taxidermy near Macon. Turned out better than I had imagined.

Attachments

• 20211210_172757.jpg
    20211210_172757.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 20
The most Renowned Taxidermist in the State of Ga. probably is Bud Jones Taxidermy. Bud has been a Taxidermist for probably pushing 50 years at his rustic shop sitting on the bank of Green Creek just outside of historic Tallapoosa. He trained at a worldwide shop in Colorado. For years wealthy hunters would travel to Africa and other exotic locations then have their trophies crated up, iced down and shipped to Mr. Jones Shop. His family is involved or used to be his Wife and one or both of his Daughters were involved. Don’t know how many of you have been to the Museum in Anniston, Al. Mr Jones was responsible for preparing all of the exhibits there and he had a very nice museum in hid shop including a huge full size trophy bill moose.

Buckman18

North GA deer: Woody’s in Baldwin

Everything else in North GA: Trophy Taker

common man

Glenn Abney
756 hwy 126
Cochran, Ga
478-290-3792

Glen is converting some of my old euro mounts to shoulder mounts. One below is nearly finished. I can tell already work is very detailed and he has very reasonable prices.

Attachments

• PXL_20230308_210555409.jpg
    PXL_20230308_210555409.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 44

Newtopia Rising

Anybody know if Pettit's in Calhoun is still open. He has had a deer of mine for 2 years and I can't get him on the phone or catch him at the shop to see what's going on. I hope Mr Pettit is ok.

averyjtowe

Looking for recommendations in the Athens area.
Mostly whitetail shoulder mounts but I also hunt bear and other North American game.
Someone who does good work and looking to build a relationship with clients.

Jason C

Has anybody checked the prices on mounting geese / Ducks.....Man its done got crazy priced. Had some I wanted to mount but looks like that might be a no go