2019-2020 season donate a deer or pig thread.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Maybe if we start a thread now folks can post up any charities or feed the hungry group that accepts deer in the hide. Even a member who wants an animal could post as well.

If you post an individual or group who will accept a donation of a field dressed deer or pig be sure to give all necessary information. Address of where to drop off the animal, phone number, etc.

Please don’t use this thread to bash if you don’t agree with donating an animal, start another thread.

Jim Boyd

I donate almost every year in Illinois.

They give you a nice pin for your donation, I clip them to my hunt pack.

That state is really broke, more so than the poorest southern state.

We can thank Big City Chicago politics for that.

We are working to start a grass roots effort for this process in SC.

1B879B68-AD96-4E6E-9FBE-502D223381AD.jpeg

Gumpbuck

Does anybody eat boar hog? I would give it to someone if they said they wanted it, but not sure about donating something like that....giving people something you know aint good...
While I have never shot any boar over 200 lbs, I have never had an issue with condition or taste. I suggest having the whole thing turned into sausage.
the wife makes amazing biscuits and gravy!

Also, if someone knows of a charity in SWGA that accepts hogs or deer, please let me know.

Attachments

• 20190826_063527_resized.jpg
    20190826_063527_resized.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

MYRX

I have donated for years, even when I was in WY and MT. Last year, I only harvested two for my family, but generally I try to take a doe and donate it to a needy individual.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
While I have never shot any boar over 200 lbs, I have never had an issue with condition or taste. I suggest having the whole thing turned into sausage.
the wife makes amazing biscuits and gravy!

Also, if someone knows of a charity in SWGA that accepts hogs or deer, please let me know.

I see Leesburg on the list I posted