Old Farm Life Photos

Redbow

I do love those old photographs reminds me of my farm days. We did things mostly the same way back then here as others that ran a farm did in those days. I have seen Hogs hanging many times after a Hog killing, some good ole cracklings and sweet taters would be good on the cold days coming this week, good stuff briarpatch sure brings back lots of memories for me.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have an old home movie of my Pappy dressing out a hog with my Dad helping. It was in the winter of '59/60. I will have to see if I can get a snapshot of that and post it up here.

I also have some picture of my brothers and me back in 1963 riding a pony. I know it was then because my aunt is in the picture, and she was expecting my cousin.

BriarPatch99

who is that Jimmy? He favors you a bit

Let start at the top...
Hog killing ...Great Uncle...
My Dad and me riding the calf ...
My Cousin Jo Ella feeding the cane mill...
My Aunt Joyce bottle feeding the calf ...
My Cousin and me playing with Fiest puppies
Tamworth Hog and pigs...
Tractor photo is my Dad and me sitting in drivers seat ...
Third from left ... cropping tobacco with sleds and two big snakes ...
Cropping tobacco on a power harvester ...one the first in the area ...
The fellow making syrup is my Dad ...around 1965

BriarPatch99

Most of these early photos were taken with a Kodak Brownie Camera ...
Some were taken with the next Kodak model?
I still have both ...
Some the later ones were taken with a great big polaroid ... earlier model

BriarPatch99

This photo is of a tractor similar to the Ford 541 Offset that we plowed tobacco with ...ours had the front(middle) lift and you could watch the plows doing the work ...and if it covered a plant up, you stopped got off and uncovered it ... didn't take many getting offs to figure out how not to cover them ...LongJohn541bx.jpg

Mauser

Man I wish I could have gotten some pictures from my grandparents on my dad's side,but some kinfolks cleaned it all out. Last hog killing we had was about 95 or 96. Thanks for sharing!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Man I wish I could have gotten some pictures from my grandparents on my dad's side,but some kinfolks cleaned it all out. Last hog killing we had was about 95 or 96. Thanks for sharing!!

nice meeting you last Saturday Mauser. and your wife and daughter are some beautiful ladies. BTW, congrats on that new one on the way too!