Old guys keep dying

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Great stuff! Sadly, I believe them big city schools miss out on good stuff like this.

:cheers:

I did my program for a couple of schools in Columbus, just about every school in the Albany area, Leesburg, Sylvester, Blakely, Americus, and also for some trouble kids in Early County, and some church groups and scouting groups . I never had a problem taking all those weapons in any of the schools. Almost set off the fire alarm a couple of times while making a fire though.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I did my program for a couple of schools in Columbus, just about every school in the Albany area, Leesburg, Sylvester, Blakely, Americus, and also for some trouble kids in Early County, and some church groups and scouting groups . I never had a problem taking all those weapons in any of the schools. Almost set off the fire alarm a couple of times while making a fire though.
Good on you for taking the time to do that for those kids. I’m sure a lot of them haven’t forgotten that.

Geffellz18

Can surely relate-If I’m being honest, the primary reason I travel home to hunt with Dad-other than to spend quality time with him-is to meet with the the elders and listen to their stories at camp. Unfortunately, the past two years that didn’t happen much due to some passing on or health concerns keeping some from being able to hunt.
Truly a sad state-I don’t have the passion to hunt alone much anymore.
The camaraderie and fellowship has been the driving force for several years now for I know when that generation passes on, that will be a huge void that will be unable to be filled.

Last edited:

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I still hang with the old fellas at the local biscuit git’n spot a few mornings every week. I’m 37, most of them are in their 70s, one fella is mid 80s. Started cause my neighbor is in there every mornin. Told me to stop by

Most of them men knew my grandpa. Lots of cuttin up and laughing

crackerdave

Can surely relate-If I’m being honest, the primary reason I travel home to hunt with Dad-other than to spend quality time with him-is to meet with the the elders and listen to their stories at camp. Unfortunately, the past two years that didn’t happen much due to some passing on or health concerns keeping some from being able to hunt.
Truly a sad state-I don’t have the passion to hunt alone much anymore.
The camaraderie and fellowship has been the driving force for several years now for I know when that generation passes on, that will be a huge void that will be unable to be filled.
We gotta teach the kids the old ways of doing things and living off the land.Never know what this old world might come to,and if we raise 'em right they can survive whatever comes.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
It’s something else when you look around and you’re the oldest one in the bunch. Kinda wonder how time passed by so fast I’m sitting here now waiting on daylight so I can get going got chores to do.
Me too, what year were you born?

Triple C

Reckon what granny n grandpa thought in 1969 when Lil Johnny come rolling in the driveway in the ‘55 Chevy Belair they had handed down n hearing the Allman Brothers blaring from the new 8 track n Pioneer speakers installed along with mag wheels, headers n new Holley 650 under the hood and a pair of furry dice hanging from the rear view?

Next generation is always headed to hades it seems. Including ours back in the day.

Some how we turned out just fine.

oldfella1962

Not in Troup county,they don't.
Yes I don't think Columbia County nor Richmond County would have this nonsense either. One county is solid blue, one is solid red, but nobody tolerates insanity very much.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I hang with them, listen and learn. They ain't getting any younger and neither are we

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We still have a good many interested young folks that come to our yearly annual Frontier Festival-Rondyvoo every January. Especially on Friday which is school day. Those kids love that stuff and hopefully the things they see and learn will stay with them.

oldfella1962

RCA speakers were the stuff before Kraco, Realistic , Pioneer and Kenwood came out.
Realistic - wasn't that the Radio Shack store brand? :unsure: It's been a long time. As for home speakers, I remember when Bose was a real big deal.